• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

SPS help

Probably because the skin was already off the base.
I saw eating it but I think it’s because was half way out already. I really just wanted to check if anyone else has been there and add some information

I have not been tasting lately, I did yesterday and find out my alk dropped to 6.3.
Around 2 weeks ago same happened dropped from 8.4 where usually was for long time to 7.0. I noticed it and added more all for reef to my daily dose and now a bit more than 2 weeks bomb

How fast you guys recommend to bring up to 8.4 and how?
Adding an extra dose a day or just increase the every day dose?
Thanks in advance

eholceker

NJRC Member
Get yourself sodium bicarbonate aka soda ash and raise the alk the proper way. All in one is not meant for just raising alk. If you use it not only are increasing alk but also other trace elements that may not not need to be raised. You can probablly go from 6 to 8 in a day if needed.

eholceker

NJRC Member
Manually every night

I was thinking of going up little bits around 2 weeks to get there.
If your dosing manually once every night you are already swinging your alk. You should have no issues going from 6.3 to 8 and then maintaining the 8 going forward. Unfortunately your not going to see the fall out from an alk at 6.3 until a few weeks out.

I have a doser but scared to set it up and get some quick swings and loose good stuff

If your dosing manually once every night you are already swinging your alk. You should have no issues going from 6.3 to 8 and then maintaining the 8 going forward. Unfortunately your not going to see the fall out from an alk at 6.3 until a few weeks out.

eholceker

NJRC Member
Checking 2 or 3 times a day. Different hours, You see the how much takes depending on a what time you dose it.

Yes you will have a variation depending on what time of day you test. Still doesn't prevent the fluctuations you get with one time daily dosing. If you stick to manual dosing you are better off doing it twice a day. Once in the morning when PH is at its lowest and the second dose sometime at night.

Yes you will have a variation depending on what time of day you test. Still doesn't prevent the fluctuations you get with one time daily dosing. If you stick to manual dosing you are better off doing it twice a day. Once in the morning when PH is at its lowest and the second dose sometime at night.

I’ll get the time one of this days and get the doser running, in going to be swinging anyway (right) .
Tips for setting up a jebao doser.
Thanks

Attachments

• 2B0A4D2D-CA05-47DB-A022-499B15AE9B15.jpeg
    2B0A4D2D-CA05-47DB-A022-499B15AE9B15.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 3