• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sps id

I've had this coral since I got my first piece of live rock and I can tell you it has been through some rough times in multiple tanks. I was told maybe this is leptastrea

DSC_9587.jpg

DSC_9585.jpg

DSCN1636.jpg

dont think it is a platagyra. it has a one piece skeleton across the rock and then individual polyps with mouths. I have seen a section bleach here or there or even individual polyps die then come back.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
It is not a SPS. +1 on some type of Favia. Sorry not a LPS guy :). Someone more knowledgeable will probably chime in.

Sunny

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Its a leptastrea. Favia have long sweepers that only come out at night or during a feeding response. Your picture has the tiny polyps that are indicative of a leprastrea, which is an LPS.

Good to know what it is. Hopefully I can get the darn thing to spread finally. It has taken almost every inch of the rock its on but never any farther. I'll try having it higher in the tank this go around and feeding it.