• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Stand design help

Wife said no go on my real size reef. Looking at the marineland 27g cube 20x18x18 i believe. The stand is mandatory though from petsmart but the problem is i'veonle found 1 sump that would fit in that small a space, an 18" eshoppe sump i think? If i were to buy an 18"x18x18 mr aqua cube and wanted to fit a 24" sump under it how would i design the stand since i'd have nothing under the cube. I realize it's only 250ish lbs but i'm still concerned. Ty.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Here’s the design from RC. Tanks under four foot long, the frame is made of all 2x4’s. With the tank you are describing, easily supported. The stand can be skinned by whatever you want to do. You just need to pick your dimensions. I used this design for my tank....it's great.

Stand.jpg

I've used same design(altered to fit my 120g, and taller to accommodate Brutes inside).
I've also clued board contacts with wood glue before screwing them together - for additional strengths.
Also, back wall - 1 piece of 1/2 plywood, also glued + screwed.
If you plan it on paper, then cutting and putting it all together goes fast, just follow the plan.