• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Strange Phenomenon with Fish Acrivity.

Little long but wanted to set the stage. Question is at the very end.

My tank is a 13.5G AIO and its approaching the one year mark. I've been battling Dinos for the better part of it. Started tank with old dry rock I had in storage.

Thought I kicked it the first time by raising nutrients but they came back a few months later. Dont want to jink it but it looks like I finally knocked it back a 2nd time.

This time around I raised nutrients again, raised temp to 83/4 degrees which seemed to kill most of the snot. Lowered the temp back to 79 and then I ran a UV for 2 months now, which diminished alot of the micro bubbles that would form during the day.

Final step was last week I bought the mix and match package from ISPF to help improve my diversity. : : : : Indo-Pacific Sea Farms : : : :

One week later, no more micro bubbles are showing up. I plan to keep the UV going for a few more weeks.

Now the strange thing. I have a Clown, YWG and a Firefish. The clown always would hang out near the water surface by the overflow, rarely swam around the tank. The firefish was in constant hiding, would sneak out when feed, only briefly and dart back into his hiding spot. The YWG was a little more social but mainly hung out in its borrow with his pistol buddy.

Now today, all three fish are peacocking around the tank. Openly swimming (did not feed) and even hanging together. What gives? Could it be tank is reaching a happy equilibrium along with DINOs subsiding? My corals seem to have been happy for a few months now. I test twice a week and my levels have been consistent.

erics210

NJRC Member
Sounds like you are getting over a hump. Congrats.
But similar to my recent activities...I changed so many things at one shot. Not 100% sure what worked the best to get me where I am now.