• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Suction Cups

Does anyone in SJ happen to have suction cups for a tank move? I have a 150 coming that I need to get into my basement. Would have thought HD would have them for rent but I’m not seeing them on their website.

Thanks

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Does anyone in SJ happen to have suction cups for a tank move? I have a 150 coming that I need to get into my basement. Would have thought HD would have them for rent but I’m not seeing them on their website.

Thanks

You have to go to the tool rental shop. The tools they have for rent vary by location. I would give them a call if it’s not close.

What about those nylon carrying straps that go underneath?

Idk about you but I'd be really skeptical relying on a suction cup to move a tank.

Tanks is frameless so I’m not sure how well the straps would hold on just glass. Those industrial suction cups are what professional movers use to move big tanks. I could probably get away without them on this tank but it may make the job a little easier.

Salted

NJRC Member
What about those nylon carrying straps that go underneath?

Idk about you but I'd be really skeptical relying on a suction cup to move a tank.
Just moved a 300g tank with suction cups.

Attachments

• 072FCECB-B37D-4D2E-99EC-FBCCCA9C916D.jpeg
    072FCECB-B37D-4D2E-99EC-FBCCCA9C916D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
yeah those suction cups from harbor frieght were good. they are like the dual suction cup handles. only thing is make sure you bring some windex and paper towels to clean the surfaces, we did get a little slip when the surface wasnt prepped but i had it doubled up for saftey.

unfortunately those are gone but im sure harbor freight has more

I’m going to take a ride to harbor freight tonight and check them out thanks. My new tank is only about 250 lbs. For the most part the tank can rolled on dollys or slid on carpet. The handles will just make it a little easier to lift and slide down my basement stairs.

erics210

NJRC Member
I have thought about buying these in the past. Please let us know what you go with, and how it works out.