• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sump for my 100

I'm continuing to purchase equipment for my IM 100 Ext tank. Im a bit hung up on the prices of the fancy sumps. Are the trigger system and other $500ish sumps worth it or should i consider a 40 breeder and a conversion kit from Ebay. Ive never seen the expensive ones in person to decide.

I don't run a sump, just a hob protin skimmer and a reactor.. would like a sump but its not a necessity food for thought.

I've had both trigger system sumps and diy sumps. I prefer trigger systems sumps they look nice and have alot a features like adjustable water level, multiple filter socks and they run pretty quiet.

The Trigger Sapphire 39 or Triton 44 are what I'm mainly considering, maybe a zero edge aquariums sump. Are there stores in NJ that carry the Trigger sumps?

I have the 39 sapphire sump on my 225 it's nice sump. I don't know of any local places that sell it but they usually have a 10 or 15% off sale for Labor Day. I got mine from Marine Depot they had the best price.