• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sump needed ASAP

HELP!!! I need a sump ASAP!!!
I broke the side of my eshopps sump! When pushing it back in under my tank, after cleaning it out yesterday, the side of the sump broke.
I’m trying to run my tank without half of the return (duel overflow)
Oh yeah, the return fitting going back into my tank also broke!!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 645E51CB-6FBC-43AD-A02B-30EDD3388A0B.jpeg
    645E51CB-6FBC-43AD-A02B-30EDD3388A0B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • E281E0BD-7ACB-4808-A136-7985B6EB5CB2.jpeg
    E281E0BD-7ACB-4808-A136-7985B6EB5CB2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 16

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Is this something Weld-On can fix. It makes acrylic one again.

Otherwise, if it helps, I have a 20 tall glass aquarium you could have for free....in Sayreville.

1646142181402.png

Also have a 55 for free, but assume that's a bit too long.

erics210

NJRC Member
if thats one nice clean break, weldon 4 or weldon 16 would instantly save that piece. Get the smallest can you can buy. The stuff doesnt have a super long shelf life as it evaporates after opening, for me anyway. BUT used many times and all you do is line up the pieces and use the included needle with the kit to apply along the crack. The solution is so thin it runs down into the joints and fuses the two.
Do not sand the ends. it literally just fuses them together where they were one one.

Also, it can be done in place, but me personally, I would prefer to tilt it. If not fully at least a little bit, but probably not necessary.

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot. Is it available at Lowes or Home Depot?
It is one clean break, and the water level shouldn’t get that high.

erics210

NJRC Member
I do not believe so. But google acrylic stores near you and they may offer. I had to drive 20 minutes to get some.

Anyone local to him have any Weldon they can spot him?

Thanks a lot! I am willing to travel at this point!
I have to fix the return bulkhead connection on the tank first, then I can worry about the sump.
I believe Aquarium Care Center should have the bulkhead connections

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hey I have a extra sump I am not using.
Pick up is in Edison.
You can use it until you can get a new one or get your
Sump fixed.

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I also have a 40 gallon acrylic sump that is 36 x 16 x 14 and the pick up is Holmdel.

Eric
718 309 6159