• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sump with crack

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants it. Come get it. It does not leak for now. You can see the crack. It's only on one piece of glass, so if your capable it should be an easy repair. Dimensions are in this pic. The baffles are all 1" taller and the sump is also 1" taller. Otherwise the dimensions are the same as pictured.
3577BC97-8669-4D72-803C-FCA8D8331F58-3147-0000041FFF23F7E9.jpg

Here are pics of the sump and crack. The crack is on the bottom corner and extends about 6-7"
42DE2572-C695-43D5-AD8F-C98E71E4C117-8931-00000C5B94D49467.jpg

4756DE6A-72DB-4EF6-93E6-2E03730D5E84-8931-00000C5B8E7D5DB5.jpg

Let me know if your interested.

dizzzy1209

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Let me know if you still have this. I'd really like it if you do. Also, where are you located?

Thanks,
Liz

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looking at the pics again, I just had a thought about a possible way to repair this fairly easily.

If you don't mind the appearance, it might be easy to just get a piece of glass the same size as the one wall that is cracked. Then, lay the sump so the cracked side faces up, silicone the crack area itself real good (especially that corner), and then silicone a nice thick (continuous) bead all the way around the perimeter and lay the new piece of glass right on top of the cracked one.

If you seal it good enough, even if that crack progresses further the outer piece should prevent any leakage.

I've never tried that so I can guarantee it will work... but it seems like it would. I think if you try to remove the cracked glass and reseal, you will have to deal with making sure each baffle wall gets resealed as well.

Anyway, just tossing that out there for whoever might be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.