• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

SW mollies.

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
Any interest in 4 SW mollies? They're converted to full (1.026) SW and very happy and good eaters. Actually could be a component of a CUC. They're 2 pairs I believe. 3 are black and one is albino maybe. Seems to be white w/ red eyes but to be honest I never looked too carefully. They came from a tank with ich but none ever had any. In my care they were in QT in hypo (1.009) for 4+ weeks and have been at 1.026 for 2+ weeks. They're kind of cool, should start breeding like rabbits and are clearly able to thrive in all kinds of conditions since SW and FW work. PM if you might be interested.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Nice offer. I bought two silver mollies a few weeks ago and acclimated them over. One didn't make it and the other just hangs at the top of the tank. Not much help in CUC for me yet.

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
Nice offer. I bought two silver mollies a few weeks ago and acclimated them over. One didn't make it and the other just hangs at the top of the tank. Not much help in CUC for me yet.
My understanding is that they'll keep after any surface film that builds up and nuisance algae. The 4 I have all eat like pigs - whatever I drop in there. They attack Nori and actually eat clumps of hair algae (I harvest from my overflow which acts like an accidental algae scrubber). Anyway maybe just luck of the draw but these guys would contribute if you have space/bio-load room.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Mine swam right into the PH about 2 weeks ago. Nice chum for the DT, the other was stuck to the side and removed it.