• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

t-5 lights

i have been using the 4 bulb t-5 lights from foster/smith----like them alot, no fan noise, have the lights set to turn on/off at different times,but they dont have reflectors---now, i have seen online companies that you can buy the reflectors and put them in yourself
anyone know of any company that sells these reflectors...i am having a brain fa-t moment
thanks
steve

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Can you post a picture of the lights that you are currently using? Ice Cap makes very nice reflectors for T-5's. But I'm not exactly sure how your lights are configured. Is it just a retro-fit with no reflectors or enclosed in a housing?

reefgeek has these for clearance---will these fit the nova extreme?
dont need to buy something without being sure--i just emailed reefgeek and asked them, but who knows if there gonna answerhttp://www.reefgeek.com/product/Tek_T5_Parabolic_Retrofit_Reflector_for_1-54W_Bulb_by_Sunlight_Supply

steve

i did some further checking on the foster/smith website--they have the reflectors for the nova at 26.00 each---ouch!!!
well, looks like an order coming up
thanks for the info
steve