• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

Jamie S

NJRC Member
It's great how you donate to the cause, it really is a scary disease. I found out soon after we moved into our new house a few years ago that my next door neighbor has MS. He's a young guy in his late 30's and was diagnosed about 6 years ago. At first you couldn't tell that he had the "invisible disease" as he calls it because he's an active outdoors kinda guy. Worked crazy hours as a manager at shoprite so i could understand him always being tired. He would talk about how his wife would massage his arms and legs to help the tingling go away. He's a beer drinking, whiskey drinking, meat eating, carb eating Italian so the doctor told him to cut the drinking and the carbs and exercise more so he did. He lost weight, too much weight, and unfortunately he started feeling worse. They upped his pain medication for him but the pain was still keeping him up at night. The scariest was when he lost feeling in one leg and had so much pain in the other one day at work that his boss had to drive him home mid shift. I happened to be home that morning and his wife came over to ask if I could help carry him in so of course I did. He was a bit incoherent and absolute dead wight to carry in. He's a proud man who doesn't like to ask for help but it doesn't stop me from helping out when needed. This past weekend he needed firewood for the season so i split some logs i had and had his son come over a grab it. He's got a wife, a young teenage boy aged 14 and 2 daughters 8 and 11. They just recently found out their dad was sick when he just couldn't hide it anymore. Of course they cried and it broke his heart. It's a terrible disease and a tough battle. I wish your wife all the best of luck with her battle.

Yesterday I was able to donate another $500.00 to the MS society from proceeds from my book. That makes $1,500.00 so far. When they send me a receipt I will post it so people don't think I am spending that money on new high heels for Supermodels. :cool:

I earmark the checks for research only so it doesn't go to pencil sharpeners, paper clips etc. in their office.
I hope it actually does some good. :)
You my friend are a roll model for KINDNESS AND COMPASSION

It's great how you donate to the cause, it really is a scary disease. I found out soon after we moved into our new house a few years ago that my next door neighbor has MS. He's a young guy in his late 30's and was diagnosed about 6 years ago. At first you couldn't tell that he had the "invisible disease" as he calls it because he's an active outdoors kinda guy. Worked crazy hours as a manager at shoprite so i could understand him always being tired. He would talk about how his wife would massage his arms and legs to help the tingling go away. He's a beer drinking, whiskey drinking, meat eating, carb eating Italian so the doctor told him to cut the drinking and the carbs and exercise more so he did. He lost weight, too much weight, and unfortunately he started feeling worse. They upped his pain medication for him but the pain was still keeping him up at night. The scariest was when he lost feeling in one leg and had so much pain in the other one day at work that his boss had to drive him home mid shift. I happened to be home that morning and his wife came over to ask if I could help carry him in so of course I did. He was a bit incoherent and absolute dead wight to carry in. He's a proud man who doesn't like to ask for help but it doesn't stop me from helping out when needed. This past weekend he needed firewood for the season so i split some logs i had and had his son come over a grab it. He's got a wife, a young teenage boy aged 14 and 2 daughters 8 and 11. They just recently found out their dad was sick when he just couldn't hide it anymore. Of course they cried and it broke his heart. It's a terrible disease and a tough battle. I wish your wife all the best of luck with her battle.
Wow brother your another prime example of RAOK and Compassion,, awesome job brother
His Bless

Paul B

NJRC Member
Jamie, thank you. My wife has had it for over 20 years also. We just came back from acupuncture because she gets pain that medication doesn't help with because it is nerve deterioration. The acupuncture in her face takes the edge off of it. She can't carry a cup of coffee or take things out of the oven.
She also can't take one step without me or her walker.

I know her since she was 12 years old and we were married 47 years ago when she was 18.
I love her more now then then and we are still best friends.
It is horrible to see someone so vibrant and full of energy subjected to this.

But we will keep going as well as we can in the hope something can be done.
This was her when I married her when I was just out of Viet Nam.
She was always beautiful, inside and out. I can't believe she married a lug nut like me. :cool:

And this was last year on the Fourth of July.

Jamie, thank you. My wife has had it for over 20 years also. We just came back from acupuncture because she gets pain that medication doesn't help with because it is nerve deterioration. The acupuncture in her face takes the edge off of it. She can't carry a cup of coffee or take things out of the oven.
She also can't take one step without me or her walker.

I know her since she was 12 years old and we were married 47 years ago when she was 18.
I love her more now then then and we are still best friends.
It is horrible to see someone so vibrant and full of energy subjected to this.

But we will keep going as well as we can in the hope something can be done.
This was her when I married her when I was just out of Viet Nam.
She was always beautiful, inside and out. I can't believe she married a lug nut like me. :cool:

And this was last year on the Fourth of July.

Your a lucky man MR. B. to have that feeling for all these years ,,

Paul B

NJRC Member
I have been very lucky Paulie. :cool:

We are going out for breakfast in a little while but it is raining so hard and even though I have a Jeep, I am not sure if it can float. :oops:
Noah came by to borrow a cup of ASW. :rolleyes:

Nothing new, all is well. My tank is fine, nothing to report. Just waiting for my wife to get up as it is very late for us to get out. Normally I would be back from walking an hour and a half ago. I didn't do that today because I don't feel like swimming.

Today I am calling a driving school because I got my wife hand driving controls for her new car, which didn't arrive yet but when it does, I want her to be able to drive it. Due to her MS she can't really use her right foot.

The schools should teach her how to use the hand controls, but I worry that she won't be able to get her walker out of the back by herself. I have to figure out something for that.

Paul B

NJRC Member
We just got back from a Free Covid test. It was a scam. We had an appointment at a hospital and the line was an hour and a half long. It's 34 degrees here and windy now so we are not going to stand on line outside for 90 minutes to stick a Q Tip up our nose.

Like what if they get two or three people to stick a Q tip up your nose or do you have to go to some kind of school for that.
Maybe get a degree in SASUYN. (stick a stick up your nose)

My wife now walks with a walker and can't stand that long.

What was the purpose of the appointment? Total waste of time. We may drive by later but I think it is a waste of time.

It must have been organized by Jibonies. I can see how organized the vaccine will be if it ever comes out. Maybe in 5 years we will get it.

Paul B

NJRC Member
Why test ,, either you get sick or you don’t ,,what’s the difference ,
No difference, I just like people sticking things up my nose. The last time I had it done they had a Supermodel do it and now, thats the closest I get to a Supermodel except for my wife. :beguiled:

Paul. it turns out that the deer in Jersey did get the memo about swimming BUT it's illegal. Cops busted a deer swimming in our lagoon today and arrested her. she's in central booking right now waiting to make bail. do you know any deer lawyers???? sounds like a good case...

Paul. it turns out that the deer in Jersey did get the memo about swimming BUT it's illegal. Cops busted a deer swimming in our lagoon today and arrested her. she's in central booking right now waiting to make bail. do you know any deer lawyers???? sounds like a good case...

poor Lil guy it was cold out today

Paul B

NJRC Member
We had people over last night and they asked me how we got our drinking water in Viet Nam.
I wen through my pictures and found a picture. It came in those rubber "blivits".

It was filed in a lake or river and iodine was added to kill "things". I would imagine it also killed ich. :p

It was very hot and those things were rubber so the water tasted like hot, iodine infused rubber. Delicious :p

Blivit.jpg

We had people over last night and they asked me how we got our drinking water in Viet Nam.
I wen through my pictures and found a picture. It came in those rubber "blivits".

It was filed in a lake or river and iodine was added to kill "things". I would imagine it also killed ich. :p

It was very hot and those things were rubber so the water tasted like hot, iodine infused rubber. Delicious :p

Blivit.jpg
Mmmmmmm thirst quenching