• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank is 1 year old today

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Hey all, long time no post!

My tank is a year today...wanted to share my experiences...

View attachment IMG_6851.jpg

1. Slow and steady wins the race.
2. More light is not better light. My tank is 11g, and I went from a Prime 16HD to a a XR15 to an XR30. When I jumped to the XR30, I had it at 65%, which in my case means I lost about 65% of the color in my SPS. Its been at 30% for a while now and the colors are coming back.
3. Never put clove polyps in a tank. That rock you see has about 15 varieties of zoas...but the cloves are pushing up.
4. Flatworms are hard to get rid of, but also don't seem to damage much.
5. If you get the wrong kind of hermit crab it will murder everything.
6. If you don't have a lid, eventually a fish will decide to pull a Braveheart and start looking for freedom.
7. For a time, it seems different races and creeds of clownfish WILL live together in relative harmony, walking hand in hand, free from oppression.
8. Don't start too many tanks, no matter how much fun you're having with the one little tank. It will get overwhelming.
9. A fire shrimp is a fun inhabitant.

Anyway, that's it...hope all is well with everyone! :)

Damon

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Hey all, long time no post!

My tank is a year today...wanted to share my experiences...

View attachment 54347

1. Slow and steady wins the race.
2. More light is not better light. My tank is 11g, and I went from a Prime 16HD to a a XR15 to an XR30. When I jumped to the XR30, I had it at 65%, which in my case means I lost about 65% of the color in my SPS. Its been at 30% for a while now and the colors are coming back.
3. Never put clove polyps in a tank. That rock you see has about 15 varieties of zoas...but the cloves are pushing up.
4. Flatworms are hard to get rid of, but also don't seem to damage much.
5. If you get the wrong kind of hermit crab it will murder everything.
6. If you don't have a lid, eventually a fish will decide to pull a Braveheart and start looking for freedom.
7. For a time, it seems different races and creeds of clownfish WILL live together in relative harmony, walking hand in hand, free from oppression.
8. Don't start too many tanks, no matter how much fun you're having with the one little tank. It will get overwhelming.
9. A fire shrimp is a fun inhabitant.

Anyway, that's it...hope all is well with everyone! :)

Damon
:worthless