• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank Leak!

Five-Tiao_people

NJRC Member
Sup guys,

Do you know if any aquarium store handling tank repair? Its a 40 Gallon AIO tank and is leaking very slowly, I can't pin point the leakage (Otherwise I can fix it myself I guess). I called reefco, they don't have repairing service and they suggest me to get a new one:cry:.
The manufacturer does not want to take care of this tank neither since its passed one year warranty.

Here is the story about how I found out its leaking, might help you in the future if you running into the same situation like I did.
Previously I told my girlfriend we should start using the humidifier as my tank water evaporated faster recently. Last week my neighbor and the apartment maintenance come up and saying his celling is dripping water, so them suspect its the pipe somewhere under my floor is leaking :oo: . And I let em in, they ripped off the carpet near my tank trying to find the pipe under the floor. It was at that moment I realized this freezing tank was leaking. And the leak was so slow I can't feel my carpet was wet (only a small area under the cabin was). I was so sorry about my neighbor and I started rescue corals and fishes by transferring them to my water change bucket.

NanoJoe

NJRC Member
You most likely won't find someone to repair it as it is a liability at this point.
Take Reefco advice and get a new tank. I know it's not a cheap thing to do, easier said than done. You are in an apartment and water damage is serious. Especially saltwater.

Best of a luck hopefully you find a solution ASAP.

Five-Tiao_people

NJRC Member
You most likely won't find someone to repair it as it is a liability at this point.
Take Reefco advice and get a new tank. I know it's not a cheap thing to do, easier said than done. You are in an apartment and water damage is serious. Especially saltwater.

Best of a luck hopefully you find a solution ASAP.
Thanks for the advise. Any recommend tank brand?

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
You can go to Home Depot get a $10 it’s 27 gallons you can put all your fish and rocks here until you buy a new tank:

Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing.

Attachments

• IMG_1772.png
    IMG_1772.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Five-Tiao_people

NJRC Member
Upgrade time. Someone is selling a tank breakdown as we speak. Good time for a deal
Thanks! I saw the post, but it makes me hesitate to get a tank without warranty :frown_new:.
I went to talk with the aquarium store. They told me most of the brand only has one ~ two years warranty. I know the tank won't leak often, but no one can guarantee that. If it leaks outside the two years, it's another grand spent.

Five-Tiao_people

NJRC Member
You can go to Home Depot get a $10 it’s 27 gallons you can put all your fish and rocks here until you buy a new tank:

Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing.

That is exactly what I did.