• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank leaking

Hello everyone,
My 120gal Reef tank started dropping water on Tuesday. It seems to have started out of nowhere I don't see any cracks and the water is coming from the underneath where the brace bar is. I am thinking the silicone leak, I have a bucket catching the water drops about approx. 1-1/2 gallon a day. I really hate to tear this tank down. any ideas, another used tank? Not having a very good week. On Wed. I found out I have to start chemo in a 15 days.
Reefaholic

Reefaholic,
I am so sorry to hear that your tank is leaking on top of everything else you have going on. What kind of tank is it, glass or acrylic? Can you see where the leak is coming from?
How long has it been up and running? Is it drilled?

Are there any bulk heads passing through the tank?

Where are you?

I can lend you a 75 RR AGA and stand as a temporary holding tank till you can sort it out.

Thank you for your support, but after talking with Will and Ethan at AO, we came up with a better solution. Time for a new tank.

Probably a good call, Ethan set up my tanks, and I know he did a great job with them. Good luck with moving the livestock, post if you a going to need help!