• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank move in oct just a small fluval 13.5 gallon

Just curious on what I need to do bought a new house in new providence and keeping the beach location so timing isn’t an issue just more of steps …

1. bag the rock or bucket ?
2. Move water in bucket
3. Keep sand in or take out ?
4. bag fish
5. Remove frags from
Rocks or not necessary ?

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
well i moved my 30 cube few months ago pretty easy i took a few lowes buckets filled it with water put lids on 2 buckets had rock with water some corals a small 2 gallon bucket with most of my frags and fish left the sand in the tank with like 10% water and transported the whole thing wasnt heavy for two people also could of left the fish in there just not to stress them aswell either or works fine you can take a piece of plywood get the tank down to like 20% water put it on the plywood and move the whole thing around easier safer

1 bucket
2 yes
3 out. if the tank is old, change 3/4 of the sand. It's probably gonna be very dirty
4 yes
5 remove.
Prepare in advance 10 gallons of water. You probably going to need.

Good luck.

I did a recent move as well.
Definitely change some sand out. I actually removed and replaced about 50%. I wouldnt suggest it but it worked for me, I had no issues. Definitely have water prepared.

to do the actual transfer, i left some rock water and sand in the tank and carried it iut with help.
Hope that helps.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I moved an Evo from one room to another that was running for about 6 months- kept the sand and had a major cyano problem- dump the sand- a 20 lb bag of live sand is under $20