• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

tank size for achillies tang ?

im just sitting here and i felt like getting a tang when i came acrossed a achillies tang and i said i must have it for 50 bucks cant beat it so bought it its about three inches now and i put in my 56 gallon so im wonder wen i upgrade wat size should i get

u know what cory, just go all out and get a 999,999,999 gallon tank. you could get 1,000 plus achillies tangs

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Congratulations. He's a beautiful beautiful fish. Unfortunately, you've just purchased one of the hardest to keep tangs in the industry! Beautiful animal, but they are very sensitive and very prone to ich. Good luck and let us know if you need any help with him in the coming weeks.

Look for salt/sugar sized granuals on him that come and go (and multiply). At first it may look like you've beaten it, only to have it come back with a vengance. If you need help hypoing him, should he end up with ich, just hollar.

You can keep your tang in the 56 with out to much problems. As long your tank population is not to large. Smaller the tank fish will start to fight for their little piece of area in the tank. Then you got upset fish and bang you got ick !!

But keep in mind everyone likes a little tang in their life.
Good luck and have tang will travel..........

;D ;D