• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

TEMPERED GLASS....

Hey guys, I was drilling a hole in my 55 gallon tank for my new sump. And from what alot of people said the sides should not be tempered... But they are! haha. Oh well.. I'm fine with it, more money out of my pocket.. but you gotta pay to play. lol

But anyway, does anyone know how to remove the trim of the tank?

Thanks - Dan

The trim is siliconed on and a PIA to remove. But if you're careful you can do it with a razor blade or utility knife. You can also buy the frames online pretty cheap. Definitely cheaper than stitches from the emergency room.

I might just buy a new sump. Put the money out so I don't have the risk of cracking the glass for drilling the hole. With my luck that will happen.

Know any good sumps I should look into? I found the ADHI Berlin Sump 45 Gallon for $250

Prolly just take the glass I Siliconed in there out. Sell that for Half the amount I paid, And give the tank up for free if anyone wants to take it.

Why don't you just get a rubbermaid stock tank and do it like we have ours set up on the 110 here is a pic

110sumpandfuge005.jpg

110sumpandfuge004.jpg

110sumpandfuge010.jpg

Thats a really cool setup. I'm going to just repair my 55 gallon, Already have all the trim off, and shattered glass, going to order new trim tonight and new glass. Don't want to waste my money I put into the tank already... I need to get this done so I can get my Ca reactor setup lol