• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Thanks John (help still needed though)

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Re: Thanks John

No problem Ed. Glad I could help. Keep me posted if you have any questions or problems.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

mynd said:
What went on tonight? What'd I miss? :-\

Ed's in the process of setting up a new 90g tank. Tonight we tied the sump into the system.

Some things he's still going to need help on (that are kind of out of my element) are suggestions for tying in his skimmer and whether or not to go with the UV light he got when he bought the setup. I know that's a bit of controversial one, though!

Anyway, tonight was a straightforward sump installation. Fortunately, everything we well and we didn't have any leaks.

Decided against the UV for now, would rather it pay for some live rock and/or sand at the moment.

The skimmer I'm gonna need some help with. It's a lifereef skimmer (not sure on model #) I picked up a gate valve for it but unfortunately it's brass and John let me know that's a no/no ???

So I need to find a new gate valve and have someone come over and help me tie it into my system when I do. By me saying "help" I really mean I'll be watching you do it as John can attest to :p

But I will supply the beer ;D