• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

the best all around sump

hey guys still putting my 120 gal sump together,lets see the pics of sumps you guys have made need ideas dont want to put mine together then go oooh i should of did that,just to many ways of doing it ? looking for best all around sump with fuge,i would like to be able to keep anything i want i will be starting with fowlr tank 180 gal thanks guy i know you have lots of pics, if this has been done sorry 18fisher

i like those trigger systems sumps. My next tank will be using one of their sumps if i don't have a custom one built by custom king on Manhattan Reefs

I like to keep my sumps as simple as possible. They are typically just a rectangular tank either glass or acrylic with no baffles or chambers. It gives me the maximum amount of flexibilty if I want to change or need to replace equipment down the road.

Baffles make the water flow faster if they are to close together. If the far enough apart to slow the flow down then there usually isn't enough room for equipment.

If you definitely want a refugium in your sump you can always just put a smaller tank inside the sump.