• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The Fish Tank rt46 GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

;D to say the least I am happy they are closing. i would suggest only buying dry goods but EVERYTHING should be on sale for cheap. i'll probably head there later!

evoIX said:
;D to say the least I am happy they are closing. i would suggest only buying dry goods but EVERYTHING should be on sale for cheap. i'll probably head there later!

Never been there....any reason you say they should be closing??

as mentioned. as a forewarning, i would suggest if you plan on buying live stock try to get it as low as possible and plan on treating / qt'ing the fish. they will more than likely carry some type of disease.

they do have some frozen food, brightwell additives, etc. that would hopefully be at a price not willing to miss. i'll check it out and plan to let everyone know how the sale looks. i'll take pictures of what they have as well!

Show some compassion folks..... This was at one point a good store with nice people. The economy has clearly taken its toll and only the stronest and best capitalized competitors survive.

Trigger - No offense to you or anything but, It was never a good store and i always took the ride when i went to Absolutely Fish.

Ive gone there at least 30 -40 times over the last 5 years and haven't bought a thing. It was always a mess some not so good looking livestock.

I think if anything the economy may weed out the LFS that don't take the time to make evolve and pick up new products. They never participated in our club and i know that other vendors gain from the accessability the forum give them.

what about compassion 4 all the fish they killed. i been there a lot at one point they were ok i bought hermits and a slug from them when they had clean tanks and helthy looking livestock.but it just kept going down hill last time i was there i thought they were growing algae every was tank covered in it along with dead fish sad.at least they will not be killing any more fish ect

ReeferNets said:
Trigger - No offense to you or anything but, It was never a good store and i always took the ride when i went to Absolutely Fish.

Ive gone there at least 30 -40 times over the last 5 years and haven't bought a thing. It was always a mess some not so good looking livestock.

I think if anything the economy may weed out the LFS that don't take the time to make evolve and pick up new products. They never participated in our club and i know that other vendors gain from the accessability the forum give them.

No offense as well but I referred to it as good at "one point" and not today. I have brought livestock there in the past and all are doing well. The definition of "good" is certainly not the most discerning of standards.

I'm gonna chime in here lol. there was a point that store was good with some pretty friendly and knowledgeable people. It did go down hill slowly when the economy did. No reason to bash the hell out of it lol. Just go get the good deals and be happy people lol

i didn't get to go today but will try again tomorrow. needing some filter socks and another backup heater! so if it's cheap and someone close by is willing to pick up for me please let me know!

they closed earlier than posted times******

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
ReeferNets said:
I think ed just likes to disagrees with me.....

Nah I just liked the store. I put a 30 gallon tank in my office in Teterboro and got alot of fish and corals from there.

was just in there def not worth the trip. Their dry goods are still higher than other local and online stores. Also they had a dead copperband in one tank I told the guy and he just left it!

Well, I visited the store during lunch time and wound up purchasing a Naso Tang. I know some of you warned us, but this one is a beauty and looked healthy. The price was to good to pass. You can negotiate the price on everything in there. They had some good corals as well. I will quarantine it for about a month before putting it in my DT. Will go back tomorrow to pick up some little stuff that I need.