• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The Fish Tank rt46 GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

Brando457 said:
was just in there def not worth the trip. Their dry goods are still higher than other local and online stores. Also they had a dead copperband in one tank I told the guy and he just left it!

It was well worth it for me.......

ricwilli said:
Brando457 said:
was just in there def not worth the trip. Their dry goods are still higher than other local and online stores. Also they had a dead copperband in one tank I told the guy and he just left it!

It was well worth it for me.......

I actually saw that tang the one right when you first walk in? That fish was very nice. It is a shame because a few months ago I went there and everything was really good.

Brando457 said:
I actually saw that tang the one right when you first walk in? That fish was very nice. It is a shame because a few months ago I went there and everything was really good.

That's what I hear. I also heard that the only reason they are closing, which would also contribute to their down swing was the economy and the cost of staying open. It is a shame to see a local business close down....especially when I am a local business owner myself!

As Brando said def not worth the trip. 10% off entire purchase& 15% off livestock. For going out of business that sale sucks!

evoIX said:
As Brando said def not worth the trip. 10% off entire purchase& 15% off livestock. For going out of business that sale sucks!

You have to be kidding, right. When have you ever seen a "Going Out Of Business" sale that marks the prices way down when they first announce that the business is closing? Obviously they have to start somewhere and they are trying to make as much money as they can. I'm sure that by the time it come to closing time, the prices will be a lot less. You shouldn't have paid attention to the "hand written" signs that they have. I mentioned that you can negotiate. I got 25% off on my Naso Tang.

Brando457 said:

AAAAHHHHHHH but that's not the one I purchased. They had a much better looking one on the other side. They also had a nice Pink Tail Trigger.

The sold a 90G RR tan /stand and Hood for $125 when I was there- they have a few heaters and pumps left some frozen food and some small tanks- their livestock needs help but you can pick up a Acan (10Heads) for $20- just got to talk them down- Not to much salt left - and very few test kits- although she did offer an API Reef Master kit for $20 - I dod not see skimmers but I really wasn't looking - they close at the end of the month but she stated that she advertised on RC and Craiglist so by SUnday she might be done for the most part-

Sad to see them go, but I agree with Evo, they used to be decent but have not been good lately. And Im surprised that they got more coral in, I didnt see a single new addition in like 6 months! Anyone see any 150w heaters?

i saw one there audi0s. you've been a ghost. i was trying to look for any post from you recently to ask if you needed free chaeto or want some lace rock.

Haha, yea I like to watch (thats what she said) I could use some rock though....if avail that is. Thanks for the info about the heater, maybe Ill run there tonight.

Stopped by there, theres some things left. Id tell anyone to get in on the acans, they looked really healthy, although the bubble and green diatomic algae is overrunning the other tanks. 1 frag tank looked pretty decent, and the acans looked real happy. I tried to save an anthias that didnt look too happy (21$) brought it home and drip acclimated, but went right to the bottom, breathing heavy. Tried to net and re acclimate higher up, but went into the rocks, and saw a few hermits and my emerald follow him into that area. Havent seen him since :'( I feel terrible bringing it home to die in my tank. Everything is now 25% off, but livestock is getting thin. There is still a pink tailed tang I believe, which is a really beautiful fish, halequin tusk, hawaiian fire eel is not 800 with another 25 off, good deal. Go save these poor animals!!!!!

It went downhill over the last few months, but I have to say I bought my best fish there, good fish and prices, my CBB, PBT and Anthias all came from there and did really well. Shame.