• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The inevitable controller question...

Ebay just sent me a $30 gift card good till August 20. I've thought about a heater controller for 2 heaters and was thinking of which route to take...

So you guys sell me on a controller...I was thinking an Apex Jr.

I had an apex jr and loved it. It's small but easily upgraded with other modules. I believe someone here is selling one for a great price too. In fact I sold it to him when I upgraded to a full apex

I had an apex jr and loved it. It's small but easily upgraded with other modules. I believe someone here is selling one for a great price too. In fact I sold it to him when I upgraded to a full apex

I see Dan is selling one, but it has no display.

i use a Apex, and hardly ever use the display. When ever I need to do anything, I use my ipad or phone.

I would say to decided how much you want to control using the controller, if a lot, then you'll probably out grow the jr very quickly.

I use my phone or my computer as well.

The jr will handle only 4 outlets and temp. You can add up to 4 modules for more plugs or to monitor ph and such. If I hadn't found a great deal on the apex lite I would never have sold my jr.

My main use is to prevent the heaters from cooking the tank as they often do. So even though it has no display I can check temps via my computer or S4 phone?

My main use is to prevent the heaters from cooking the tank as they often do. So even though it has no display I can check temps via my computer or S4 phone?

Yep

You just need to have it hooked up to the computer via wireless or wired. then just some set up and you can visit the app. Im not positive if the Jr is compatible with APEX Fusion but if it is then its just that much easier.

Heater to start, but then with some simple float switches, you can build in some nice fail safes. ATO's are simple, and controlling lights, skimmers, Calc reactors, it's pretty endless what can be done..... yes I'm a big fan of the Apex

Yep

You just need to have it hooked up to the computer via wireless or wired. then just some set up and you can visit the app. Im not positive if the Jr is compatible with APEX Fusion but if it is then its just that much easier.

Jr. is compatible with Fusion. You just need the latest firmware update.

Just won a new Apex Jr with a avast marine probe holder on ebay. So that decision is over. I guess I can expand as needed off this unit.