• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The Lost Symbol

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Any Dan Brown fans here? I just finished The Lost Symbol. It was pretty good. It's almost the same thing as Deception Point, Angels and Demons and The DaVinci Code. The plot twists were similar but different enough to keep it interesting. I'd recommend it if you're a fan of his. I blew through it in about a week.

And I thought this post was going to be something about the Dharma stations.

I'll have to check out this book. I've read a few Dan Brown's books, some I liked others I hated and could hardly get through.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
debfife said:
...some I liked others I hated and could hardly get through.

Yeah I read Angels and Demons first and loved it. Then I read The DaVinci Code and thought "Geeze, this is the same d*mn book!" I had a tough time finishing it. I know someone who read DaVinci Code first and loved it but thought Angels and Demons was a bore-fest. I guess it all depends on which one you read first. I tried his older books and found Deception Point to be the same book too. The only one (prior to this one) that's different is Digital Fortress. It's pretty good and I would recommend it if you haven't read it yet.

This one is sort of similar to the first three but is still good. It could be that it's been a while since I read the others so this one didn't seem so "obvious", I'm not sure. . . I can lend you my copy if you guys are coming to the meeting this weekend.

I liked Angels and demons and HATED divinci code. I never finished it. I couldn't get more than 1/2 way through it.
I also loved digital fortress. that was a great read.

Bought for my wife for Xmas...waiting for her have read the rest and liked them. Obviously he has a "formula" if you like it then you like it. Have you guys read Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson or any of his other books?