• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The "What's the damn thing doing today" thread

Salted

NJRC Member
So as a bunch of you know I recently got a tuxedo urchin. While I was told they could end up moving things I wasn't concerned as most of my corals are glued down and I don't have anything high end. But... that doesn't mean it hasn't picked up some amusing things. As previously mentioned, I thought I somehow had a new blood shrimp after it picked up its' molted shell. Maybe it was going undercover trying to infiltrate the Bloods gang. Today it was carrying a snail. Poor thing was on its' side. Had the snail been upright and centered I might have wet myself laughing. Anyway, others had posted interest in getting a tux urchin. Get one. This will be our thread to post what they've picked up and "what's the damn thing doing today" . And today I named mine "U-Haul".

Attachments

• E06A1605-4C27-44DA-A2D4-FB7167AE25B7.jpeg
    E06A1605-4C27-44DA-A2D4-FB7167AE25B7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • 216542DC-880E-439C-97F3-B44314FE0B01.jpeg
    216542DC-880E-439C-97F3-B44314FE0B01.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
So as a bunch of you know I recently got a tuxedo urchin. While I was told they could end up moving things I wasn't concerned as most of my corals are glued down and I don't have anything high end. But... that doesn't mean it hasn't picked up some amusing things. As previously mentioned, I thought I somehow had a new blood shrimp after it picked up its' molted shell. Maybe it was going undercover trying to infiltrate the Bloods gang. Today it was carrying a snail. Poor thing was on its' side. Had the snail been upright and centered I might have wet myself laughing. Anyway, others had posted interest in getting a tux urchin. Get one. This will be our thread to post what they've picked up and "what's the damn thing doing today" . And today I named mine "U-Haul".
I’ll get one in the next week or so and see if I can add to this.

I was over at Sea Level earlier today and he has a whole bunch of them in stock right now. This thread inspired me to buy a couple of them to throw in my frag tanks. If mine do anything cool, I'll post some pics.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Mine has not decorated itself yet. It did however push my powerhead down during the night and blew sand front glass which covered a few mushroom frags. had to dig them out fix sand and powerhead.

Salted

NJRC Member
U-haul is currently wearing a stylish ensemble of coroline flakes.

Attachments

• CAE9AF0D-8087-4FA7-86DA-9C0AE3808C6B.jpeg
    CAE9AF0D-8087-4FA7-86DA-9C0AE3808C6B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
This guy is the king of the reef with all those crowns in its head.

Attachments

• 052FECF6-00EB-4E39-8AF3-2D8FF2AB04A6.jpeg
    052FECF6-00EB-4E39-8AF3-2D8FF2AB04A6.jpeg
    864.9 KB · Views: 18

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I couldn't get a good pic yesterday but the urchin grabbed a piece of GSP; looked pretty funny. To bad was in the back so getting a pic was difficult.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Amado, I had plenty more but not doing very well in my tank. My wife wouldn't mind though she likes GSP.