• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The worst one to date

My worst aquarium screwup was a biggie it was when I had my 55gal setup and was given a beautiful 65gal tank with stand and 30gal sump,, so my plan was to switch everything before I left , I had to go offshore fishing so I moved 40gal over and 95% if live rock,, along with some coral. Then left at 2am that night for 2 days leaving all livestock in old tank with power head running( thought they’d be fine. I was I wrong when I got back 3 fish and 2 ponies were dead and almost half coral dead also. God I was freaking out swearing that I was done with hobby and going back to all fake stuff ( trees , fruity pebbles gravel) everything plastic. Easy to clean thourghly. Anyway I quickly finished with everything that was left,, started The motors and prayed for miracle. Two days later more coral and fish were dead ( in all I lost 30 coral 3 fish and 2 ponies,,I wanted to cry I was so mad at myself for not doing everything in one day that I was ready to quit the hobby all together
But the awesome people of this website just wouldn’t let me give up,, about half dozen members generously showed up at my house with more corals then I lost and I was able to rebuild my tank and make it beautiful again (I’m Happy I stuck with it )because now my tank is looking good again
I learned a lesson/ you don’t switch tanks you just start new one
And that was my biggest screw up so far (I’m sure there will be more )
I know wanna bigger tank 120 and I’ll admit that’s wa lot out of my league but I’m gonna start planning with 2yr goal in mind ( fingers crossed. This is horrible Hobby if you are not patient and want everythin to be done In a day. But it’s all worth it. I’m gonna start hunting down a 100gal setup with min of 40gal sump,,,, Fingers crossed

I used to have a custom made for a 100 wish I sold to a friend wish I think have not kept with the hobbit... I’ll can call him tomorrow if you want...

Get this members setup Breaking down 125 G system, selling everything . He’s not far from me and I’m willing to help you pick it up and move it. I’m usually available sun/mon/tues. Please buy it before I do something stupid, I’m not ready for a tank that size.
Thank you so much for showing me this and hooking it up but at the moment I have a major car repair of $860 so being able to upgrade to tank at the moment has been put to the side

Salted

NJRC Member
Thank you so much for showing me this and hooking it up but at the moment I have a major car repair of $860 so being able to upgrade to tank at the moment has been put to the side
He’s been trying to sell for a while. I’d never suggest lowballing a fellow member, but maybe he’d in turn be will to help another member out. Maybe he’d still take a little less, maybe a deposit and you could pay it off. Then at least he knows it’s sold.