• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The Zip Code Rant

Can someone kindly tell me when we started using zip codes instead of our town's name? What a pain in the butt it is to see something you may want to buy or try to assist someone who's asking for help and you have to cross reference their zip code to see where in the frigging state they are. Is it that difficult to type your town in, is spelling a challenge for you, are you geographically incompetent and figure everyone else must be also...

That's all for now, I need another bottle of Capt', 08226 is a dry town, I have to drive all the way to 08223 ;D

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You're right. I think it should be mandatory to have our location under our screen name. I'll see you in 07748 if your ever up this way.

hey FRANCES if you go to 08234 you will find a canals liquor store could save a couple dollers lol

mikem said:
You're right. I think it should be mandatory to have our location under our screen name. I'll see you in 07748 if your ever up this way.

Or just put it in your signature. Allow me to be the first to reveal my secret location...

||
||
||
\ /
\/

malulu

NJRC Member
yeah, you are right! i hated that people "hide" their location...
like sinkingbeach
:eek:

normally, you should be at least put your location in the profile area, so other can just simply click on your name to see it...

putting it under your signature is not bad an idea either...
;)

I agree 100%. Its a pain when the person does not come online for some time and there are 12 people that are asking location, or I have to pull up Rand McNally to tell me where the zip code is. Put the name of the damn town in the post. Is your location that much of a secret?

Was thinking this some time ago, but figured I was the only one.

Rant, Rant, Rant, Rant, Rant, Rant, Rant... As I proceed to step off the soapbox.

Good night.