• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Things that make you go hmmmmm....

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
IrradiatedReef said:
Why do Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and the Alphabet song have the same tune?

To further complicate this issue, "Bah Bah Black Sheep" has the same tune too!

Also, why do they call them apartments, when they're all stuck together?

arvin

NJRC Member
IrradiatedReef said:
Why do you park on a driveway but drive on a parkway?

If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted?

If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?

-George Carlin

Why do people need to come to a complete stop in the ezpass lane?

What was the best thing before sliced bread or canned beer?

How come there aren't any B batteries?

How to you throw your garbage can in the trash?

Why are there 10 hot dogs in a package and 8 buns in a package?

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JRod said:
How come there aren't any B batteries?

No detritus......Now that I think about it...what did the original "B" battery look like? And why doesn't a square 9volt have a letter? Does a battery have to be round to have a letter? I'll bet the inventor of the B battery was laughed at so much so he took his B battery and went home. Or maybe the fact that battery begins with B is why they skipped it. Now I'm gonna have to waste all sorts of time figuring this stuff out.

How to you throw your garbage can in the trash?

Really!!!! I've tried several times to throw away a busted up recyclable can. Wrote notes, put it in a regular trash can, etc. and they keep putting it on my lawn. I think they are getting a kick out of it probably. I guess I'm gonna have to break out the sawzall and make it indistinguishable as a trashcan.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
OK, on the subject of batteries, why isn't there a SINGLE A either? Why don't they call Double A's just A, and Triple A's just B? That would make more sense to my Monk-Like mind!

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The guy who invented the B battery went home dejected right after the guy who invented the A battery. Losers, both of them.

malulu

NJRC Member
why do they call the alarm is off?? (when it is on - alerting...)

why the sign said "smoke FREE" mean you can not smoke??

why they call it "Kick off" meeting instead of a "kick on" meeting?

..... LOL..... is anyone here familiar with Brett Blackenshear? As in Blackenshear the Curious? Wonderful performer, hilarious entertainer, evil villain on occasion with the.... *dramatic music* Box of Death! For those of you that know who I'm talking about, you're already groaning or giggling in delight at the thought of "I'm Curious!" For those of you who don't.... I shall subject you to some of my personal favorites!

The bit goes as follows, Blackenshear looks to the audience and prompts with "I'm Curious..." to which the audience responds with "About What?"

.... if love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
.... when an agnostic dies, does he go on to the Great Perhaps?
.... if somebody with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?
.... if you tickle a cow, does milk shoot out her nose?
.... why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wings Lottery?"
.... if you let a smile be your umbrella, wouldn't you just get a mouthful of rain?
.... who's cruel idea was it to put "sp" in the word "lisp?"
.... why is the alphabet in that particular order? Is it because of that song?
.... why si a boxing ring square?
.... why is what doctors do called "practice?"

;D

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
How come a pair of socks has 2 socks in it, but a pair of underwear is only a single thing?

Actually there are "Single A" Batteries, and there are also "1/2 A" Batteries. They are just not used in consumer products very often.