• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

think I'm ready?

My tanks been set up for 4 months think I'm ready to put some frags in? does anyone have things they want to sell? cant stand the outlandish prices at trop.

oh yea I'm not asking you to judge whether my tank is acclimated it is some books say not to put certain corals in tank before 1 year such as Acropora

During the 4 months did you tank go through and algae cycle?

Can you post up some tank parameters?

Describe the tank a bit also. Size, amount of rock, skimmer, lighting, flow...

As for SPS, SPS demand good water quality and stability. Some a pickier than others. You need to go slow in this hobby, fast just ends you up with empty pockets and a tank full of white corals.

Got your lighting thread, posting it here for easy view for others.

reeferwanabe said:
I have an aquaprp light with 4 96watt actinics 3 150 halides and moon light. when I first set up I followed manufacturers suggestions and ran actinics 8am to 8pm which I still do halides from 10am to 6pm I was'nt useing ro water and had a major algae bloom. since then rodi water but I cut back on halides 10am to2pm then 6pm to 8pm I dont have a lot in the tank yet but what do you think about my cycle ah yea moon light and refugium at night

reeferwanabe said:
oh yea I'm not asking you to judge whether my tank is acclimated it is some books say not to put certain corals in tank before 1 year such as Acropora
You can certainly start keeping them after just a few months, if you will ever be able to keep them.

answer to Jrod 150 RR tank about 100lbs live rock external pump lots of water flow almost 0 nitrates cal. at 460 mag about 1300. ph at 8.3 now. salinity .025.
4 green cromis 1 scopas tank. 1 sailfin blenny. 1 coral beauty
cleaner shrimp.