• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Thinking of getting back in.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
What up NJ Reefers. Thinking of getting another tank. I kept my stand and hood from my 90. We moved to Columbus OH. Texas wasn’t for us. I stopped at a LFS out here. And saw this tank has anyone heard of them. Seapora? Are they any good?

Attachments

• 497BFF7D-6637-495A-BC25-87FA54589D30.jpeg
    497BFF7D-6637-495A-BC25-87FA54589D30.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • DF833C59-5FDF-4361-8DD9-6D21B5BEC3A3.jpeg
    DF833C59-5FDF-4361-8DD9-6D21B5BEC3A3.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 36
  • 7AC438DA-2D08-40B5-A98C-7A6C6CAD21B8.jpeg
    7AC438DA-2D08-40B5-A98C-7A6C6CAD21B8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Nice seeing you posting Ed! I say go for it! As far as the brand I can’t say I have heard of them before.

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hi Ed. Hope all is good. Good luck on the 90 .we should have a 90's club

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Ed, glad to hear you are getting back into the hobby. Though you do realize a 90 will only last you so long before the call of the bigger and better. ;)

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Welcome back(ish). And yep, Seapora are the new Deep Blue. It is a totally different company as I understand it. Unsure if they’re using the same manufacture process or not but have heard good things about them.

malulu

NJRC Member
What up NJ Reefers. Thinking of getting another tank. I kept my stand and hood from my 90. We moved to Columbus OH. Texas wasn’t for us. I stopped at a LFS out here. And saw this tank has anyone heard of them. Seapora? Are they any good?
Hi - Ed,
don't fall for it...! that tank looks so good and cheap (at first)...!
that is how I started my first tank when I know nothing back then in 2004 - a only $1,500 beautiful display tank... after I walk out of Ocean Gallery II that day, I already paid $3,000 with lights, rocks, sands...etc. then after countless $$$$$ into this hobby, it easily cost more than a Mercedes SUV!! I am sort of a relief when my tank Leaking crazy for 6 months... finally decided to shut it down on early 2021! it is been 1+ year now.

*to be honest* I am thinking is it possible to re-startup a non-leasable small tank?? LOL!!

Last edited:

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Yep, the 180 is still going but not in the greatest shape in the moment. I need to retire my T8's and that's why I was wandering the forum. How are things with the family? I'm a grandpa now and he loves fish!
Congratulations Grandpa! Doug is doing well. He has been in full time ministry for about 5 years and couldn't be happier. The family is growing. We are up to 10 grandchildren. Our oldest will be 40 next year, (how on earth did that happen). I have to stop telling people I am 39. :D

All our kids are back in NJ. Our daughter married a young man in the Air Force, so they were in Texas for 3 years and then in Germany for 3 years. He is now stationed in NJ. So happy to have us all close by again.