• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

This coral is doing great under new 20k bulb

Subliminal

NJRC Member
IMG_6509.jpg

I got this coral a LONG time ago (for me 6-7 months is a long time) and it was under all sorts of bulbs (and more often than not, knocked around by my old turbo snails), but when i changed to 20k on the metal halide the other day, she started to look like this EVERY day.

I've also been keeping close tabs on my alk, ca and mg lately, so maybe that has something to do with it.

And I also used to notice it would come out like this at night time, so maybe the spectrum of the bulb is tricking it into thinking it's night time or something.

Basically, I don't know, but it sure is looking cool right now. :)

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks like a hydnophora. I've found some of them prefer less intense light and that's probably what's allowing it to be happier like that. Enjoy!

Mine are all under 12k Reeflux, but have been under everything from PCs to 10Ks at one time or another!