• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

This is getting out of control

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
It sure is. To many whales and dolphins. They did a survey and stated not related to turbines... I call BS on that survey.

Murphy has his hands them and is making large amounts of $$$ from them.

If they really weren't hurting these animals would stop them for a few weeks to prove their point but ......

I know there is a protest this weekend; I may have to join them.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Odd thing is Greenpeace made a statement saying that there is no scientific proof that there is a connection between the sonar mapping and the beachings.
Effectively the medical view that correlation does not necessarily equal causation.
But, there seems to be some empirical evidence at least.

NanoJoe

NJRC Member
Its awful to see this happening and definitely alarming...
From what i've gathered and read is that the actual mapping they do is a lower frequency than the sonar these mammals use. Still, could it be harmful?

So, my question is, if this were true, would the prolonged used of their mapping acoustic equipment be the actual cause of deaths? The longer the animals get hit with their frequency be the actual damage to them? I feel it would be instantaneous harm / death if so..
Also, are they being honest about the frequency being used? I have yet to see that number.

Im still not convinced its the windmill mapping just yet. I feel like this is an echo tunnel for a lot of people. (Something we see often in our own hobby as we know) and getting worked up about it over keeping an open mind.

We could also get into the argument of offshore drilling and the harm that has done over the years. Even with the way they map is potentially harmful.

In the end. Something has to be uncovered relatively soon.

From what i know, Murphy is lasered focused more on his presidential campaign coming up.... smh.

This really is becoming concerning. Only the government would implement a program they claim is to save the environment only to muck it up worse that it was. If it's NOT the sonar, can the smart guys prove that ? Jersey is a mess

This is like the jersey shore version of a cobalt mine, sounds good on paper... until you step back and look at it from a distance.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Greenpeace is sponsored. They get paid. A lot of these so called organizations are paid by high level corporations. That goes for medical fields as well.