• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

This is the ultimate setup

Too bad I heard it crashed.. :( Shame.. was a beautiful tank... Good luck on your endeavor! Looking forward to photos on the build. :D

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Don't know if he ever recovered but he did have a major crash. It's sad. That tank and setup was amazing.

I think it was an ATO float failure that crashed the tank. It really took a beating! He lost most of the SPS in the system. I belive his fish and most of the LPS survived. To think, what you might consider such a simple part of such a complex system was the weak link! ???

He is on his way back but has not updated the web site to discuss the crash. I am sure he will as he talked openly about it on several boards. It is a fantastic set up! 8)

(shivers) that "worm" incident was almost like urban legend. If my wife knew they could grow to such lengths she would certainly have me remove all of the good scavengers too...but (shivers) that thing was nasty!! :eek:

phil519 said:
(shivers) that "worm" incident was almost like urban legend. If my wife knew they could grow to such lengths she would certainly have me remove all of the good scavengers too...but (shivers) that thing was nasty!! :eek:

:eek: I'm SOOOOO never eating Licorice again!! That thing gave me the heeby jeebies... I was eating a pretzel rod when I clicked on the picture...had to toss it...

Beautiful system. It's a shame..

That "field" of Ricordia was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Just changed everything I was planning in my 72. I want a Ricordia field.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We had one of those eunicide worms in our 120 when we first got the rock from LiveRocks.com out of Florida (at the time competition to TBS, since defunct, if I'm not mistaken). It was "only" about 14" but enough to give me the heebie jeebies anyway.

MikeNapoli said:
chaoscat said:
That "field" of Ricordia was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Just changed everything I was planning in my 72. I want a Ricordia field.

Can't find that picture.

First photo in the gallery. Lower half, all those pinks and blues. I thought they were Ricordia, but maybe not?