• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Thompsoni Tang?

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
My brother has one and they're cool.
Not a big algae eater like most tangs,check with your LFS's before ordering online they sell them cheaper.

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Yeah, he's $40 local, I believe. I just don't know enough about him to buy him. I don't want to have problems with my other fish, for example. I also don't know how finicky they are, or whether they'd fall under a 'beginner' fish (like a yellow tang) or what.

Thanks for the reply!

PS: Rotts rule. ;)

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
It seems to be super hardy,it's housed with a HUGE maroon clown that has a worse attitude than an ungelated trigger (and they're nasty) he holds his own, loves mysis shrimp.

They don't come around too often so I would make your decision quick,even if he doesn't work out for you they are easy to re-sell.
HTH
And yes ROTTS do rule.. ;D

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Well, I bought him and took him home. i tested my water while I was floating his bag. Everything looked excellent on my params. Then, I grabbed a clean plastic bowl (that i just use for fishtank related stuff) and poured him in, and then every 10 minutes I added a little of my tank water, and did that for about an hour, and when he still seemed fine, I scooped him up and in the tank he went.

The rest of the 15 minutes I was at home for lunch, he was acting all weird hanging out at the top of the tank. Couldn't tell if he was scared or if he was shocked from the new tank.

Either way, I sure hope he lives. He seems like he'd be the perfect addition to my tank.

Oh yeah, and since we were talking bout rotts a bit, here's my girl:

dog3.jpg

dog2.jpg

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Well, I tried for about 20 minutes to get a picture, and can't seem to get a good one. That's one swimmin' little fish.

He seems awfully happy, I'll give him that!

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Very active and once they settle in they get a richer blue color to them.
Congrats on a good score and nice lookin rott.Oh hey how'd you attach that chew toy to her back..LOL