• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Thoughts on water changes?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
How’s the macro growing for you, do you have a diverse cleanup crew to transfer the hair algea back to dissolved organics and to be pulled out with the skimmer? Have you sent out an icp or done one of them recently? Would like to see if other elements are alittle out of whack.
Macro is fine. I think 2 weeks of flake auto feeding caused the algae issue.

I think water change is a good but probably not as often as we want to do it!
I got a Walt Disney in august that it’s a mini colony already without any water change

How’s the macro growing for you, do you have a diverse cleanup crew to transfer the hair algea back to dissolved organics and to be pulled out with the skimmer? Have you sent out an icp or done one of them recently? Would like to see if other elements are alittle out of whack.
John how often are you sending this ices? I have one around but thanks God everything is working out well that I did not wanted to start playing around changing little things

Icps

snowxcross

NJRC Member
Every 3-4 months I do a water change. It's really just based off where my phosphate levels are. I like to keep them .1-.18, that just seems to be the sweet spot for my tank. Gfo keeps the levels stable, but after 3 months I like to do a sort of reset.

No water changes for me. I just let my tank drink the moonshine! Algae scrubber, skimmer, and i put a powerfilter in my tank every sunday for 24 hours.
SnUxpDm.jpg

No water changes for me. I just let my tank drink the moonshine! Algae scrubber, skimmer, and i put a powerfilter in my tank every sunday for 24 hours.
SnUxpDm.jpg
I’m thinking about jumping in too! Are you adding all the dailies in one container with water? I remember seeing a video when a vendor was doing it with good results!!