• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Time to start over....40 Breeder Re-build

well after the damn zapper i borrowed unleashed its havoc on my tank, it got so god awfully ugly i just really stopped doing anything to the tank. which i know is just the wrong thing to do. but it happened, its in the past, and now time to make it even better than before!

matt stopped over last night and picked up my rock to get it seeded at his house. thanks bro!!! and im gonna start cutting what corals i have left and removing rock work one at a time.

then once that is done, i can remove my sump. which is a 40 tall. and pull out the baffles, get them cut down a bit and install them into my new 20long sump.

Also have to get all new bulbs. i know im gonna go with 20k for the MH's, not sure what bulb combo i will go with for the t-5's.

anywho, here is the thread of my tank from another site, and a video. tthe tank looks great, and that isnt even close to how beautiful it got before its demise.....enjoy all!!

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=251678&st=0

VIDEO::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6oPGGfYHB4

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Not a problem. Your rocks are brewing away and should be ready to go in a few weeks. I threw a couple of my sponge filters in along with a bottle of bacteria starter in with it to get things jump started. I'll let that go for a few days then I'll stick a heater in and crank it up to really get it going.

We will get this tank turned around and back to what it used to be if not better.

awesome!!! started to thin out the rock work last night, gonna continue today. and start getting the leftover coral cut. hopefully by wed i can start treating the rock that the clam is on.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's a shame about your tank. Your tank was one of the many great looking 40B tanks on N-R and one of the reasons I wanted to get a 40B.

Good luck with the rebuild! I'll be following along. :)

well, my fish are swimming around goin...WTF!!! i removed half the rock from the DT today. i was getting kinda scared that my fingers werent gonna make it out, some of those aptasia were HUGE!!! :eek: now my skimmer is going crazy removing all the crap that i stirred up. i think next week i will remove the sump, so i can take the baffles out and get them cut for the new sump.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Your rock got a dose of ammonia today along with a second bottle of bacteria starter cultures. Should be ready to go in a couple short weeks.