• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

To my other clownfish...

Woke up today to find him missing looked around the usual spots but he wasn't there... Looked at my purple reef lobster and there he was... half ate :'(

RIP...
I'm hoping the clown just died and he found it...

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry to hear about the loss.

Unfortunately, I don't think purple reef lobsters are as reef safe as some sites claim. I have a friend who put one in his tank and began to "mysteriously" lose fish on a fairly regular basis right up until the time he took his tank apart and removed it.

Hmm... thanks maybe i can put it in it's own little tank then... i'm scared my cleaner shrimp will be next as they both hang out in the same spot... I'm still not sure if it killed it as it was acting funny for the pass couple weeks... Ugh i though clown fish were supposed to be easy ::)

I know how you feel, had a perc committed suicide wed morning, look around the tank for him but couldn't find him until I look at the back. He was on the floor dried up, 3rd clown I lost just like that. :(

Be real careful with that lobster. Mine decide that my Dragonett was just way too slow, grabbed him and ate him. I watched him do it!!! He won't go for anyone else cause they hangout at the top of the tank.

I UNDERSTAND WANTING TO PUT A PURPLE LOBSTER IN THE TANK, THEY ARE AMAZING LOOKING, AND ALOT OF SITES DO CLAIM REEF FRIENDLINESS, BUT THEY JUST DON'T LOOK VERY FRIENDLY.. :-[

Yeah, I've been watching him sneak up on my cleaner shrimp i reaquascaped my tank to try and make them go in different area's of the tank but they still hide in the same spots...