• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

To zoo or not to zoo... that is the question!

I've posted this in RC in the LPS forum, but let me ask it here as well.

My 75 gallon LPS dominant tank has just about run out of real estate for corals. Since my favorite LPS have left their softie friends behind in another tank, they are thriving.

Recently I inherited quite a few nice zoo's that would fill in some of the open spots between my Euphyllias. I was planning on rearranging the softie tank and move them there which is where I have my other zoo's. But some of the new ones would look great in the LPS tank.

What would you do in my shoes?? I'm expecting the most popular answers to be give them to me or donate to the club. But I am keeping them. Of course down the road, frags will be shared! ;D

Ed said:
keep the zoas they rock.

Oh I'm keeping them for sure! I'm just wondering if I want to go more of a mixed tank with the LPS. Of course I've already added a number of rics and some sps frags as well.

Well no one popped up in the LPS forum in RC and said it was a bad idea, so I moved some in last night.

Can't wait to see how they look today. It's a pain having to work when there are new things to watch in the tank. I've got to get a webcam!

Certain softies release chemicals that SPS/LPS don't like. If you have a hard coral heavy tank, limit your softies. This is why they started thriving better once you moved them! :eek: Best bet if your going to mix your content a lot is to make sure you have a lot of GPH flowing into your sump/ref/PS.

Thanks Irradiated, that was the purpose of the post to see is Zoas fell in that class.

I added some a few weeks ago and everyone is happy.