• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tog Fishing and a "School of Scallops"!

Fished a wreak today, 45 ft water, Tog, nice fish 3 limits up to est 6lb, then my bud says he just saw a clam swim by??? I think hes had too many beers, then I see one,then a lot more, freaking school of hand size scallops, I grab the landing net and they ran from it. Well I have 3 handsized scallops in a cool water cheatoe macro tank and may post pics, dammed coolest thing Iv seen yet. "Shout Out! Merv, you would have had a kick out of this one. And final note- Lost all power, boats dead, Boat US towed us in, good part- got back in, bad part, they showed up when the bite was hot.
GregH

You may have took them out of season, post a pic you incriminate yourself :p I think I have seen guys out there targetting them I bet they get good money for em.

I thought the Tog limit was 6 now? I am from NY. No matter I go out with my bud has the food fish license we can take 25 good $$ when they are kept alive.

On another note I took one of those red branching sponges from the bay and it came with a baby green crab hes still in my tank it is the size of a quarter now you should see the clown fish peck at him when he gets to close to their anemone.