• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Too early?

I migrated everything that was in my 20L over to the 58 this past weekend. My gold banded maroon has almost always had some form of BTA that it took to within 5 minutes of introducing. She has been without an anemone for months and I would like to get her another one. Should I wait a little while before putting one in the 58?

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I would. Get used to the bigger tank, make sure there is not another cycle, and then you should be good to go.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We all do and I think that lends to more trouble then it is worth.

Have you noticed any spikes in your levels. I would say give it till this weekend. After hurricane sandy i set up my new display system and after about 10 days of running it i added my mertens carpet anemone and my chrysogasters. I dont think youll have a problem with a bubbletip.

Did you have any mushrooms or LPS?

Have you noticed any spikes in your levels. I would say give it till this weekend. After hurricane sandy i set up my new display system and after about 10 days of running it i added my mertens carpet anemone and my chrysogasters. I dont think youll have a problem with a bubbletip.

Did you have any mushrooms or LPS?

I did not notice any spikes. I had sold just about every coral I had off when I broke the 75 down. There were a few surviving hairy mushrooms that are already coloring back up with the new lighting. Other than that, nothing for the time being.

i would consider going with a RBTA clone or a regular gbta or rbta. If mushrooms are doing ok thats about the hardiness level of a BTA.

Do you have exposed pumps like tunze or vortech?

I had a vortech but sold that as well. I'm using a Koralia and will add another off brand one I have soon. I know what you're getting at and I used a fine mesh (screen) to protect them from wandering into the pumps.

Sounds like your good to go then.

I ask because i like people to read it and maybe it will make them realize that its a disaster waiting to happen.

Sounds like your good to go then.

I ask because i like people to read it and maybe it will make them realize that its a disaster waiting to happen.

Luckily, I have avoided that. I think early on, I caught it just as the nem got to the powerhead.

My clown has always had GBTA's. The last one I had split about 5 times in just as many months with the mamma being about 9". Maybe I'll try out a RBTA when i'm ready.