• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

top bracket removed. front bowing out...i screwed up big.

You should probably purchase a new tank and sell the other one to someone who is looking for a turtle tank or reptile enclosure that won't need it to be filled with more than a few inches of water. Reef safe screws, mold inhibitor, factory silicone damage, and the possibility of the brace failing are all major issues, not to mention those zinc brackets on the top of the plastic frame will rust in no time.

ryanpal

NJRC Member
You should probably purchase a new tank and sell the other one to someone who is looking for a turtle tank or reptile enclosure that won't need it to be filled with more than a few inches of water. Reef safe screws, mold inhibitor, factory silicone damage, and the possibility of the brace failing are all major issues, not to mention those zinc brackets on the top of the plastic frame will rust in no time.

you're probably right. before i throw in the towel, i'm trying to see if i can salve it since it would be the least amount of work.

i managed to get the surface pretty clean in hopes 99% of that stuff is removed. i also covered the brackets with plasti-dip to prevent rusting. they won't be sitting in the water so i the plasti-dip and silicone should be a viable option.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
HD also has nylon bolts and nuts....in the drawers in the hardware department. And to the best of my knowledge, all HD's carry GE Silicone I.

I would just get rid of the tank and buy a used on off of craigslist.

When you start dumping money into the tank for fish and corals you may hit a wall and just be forced to break it down again and go thru all the work regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey ryan I have a 55 in my back yard that im not using I changed the top frame 7 month ago you can have it before I dump the tank im in woodbridge frame is in great condition

ryanpal

NJRC Member
Hey ryan I have a 55 in my back yard that im not using I changed the top frame 7 month ago you can have it before I dump the tank im in woodbridge frame is in great condition

oh wow that is really nice of you. CL didnt have any tanks i liked. i'm located in north nj but might be heading down to central jersey sometime in the week. when would work best for you to come by?
oh wow that is really nice of you. CL didnt have any tanks i liked. i'm located in north nj but might be heading down to central jersey sometime in the week. when would work best for you to come by?

Well tomorrow im working so any day after tomorrow you can text or call me are you just coming for the frame or the tank because the tank has sand so I could know and dump all the sand out of it.