• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

treating flatworms

I'm about to use interceptor I got from my vet
He gave me tabs for large dogs 55-100 lbs. 36 mg. should I dissolve the whole tab in ro water and add it to the sump or display in high flow area?
looking for those who have experience with using this stuff.

john90009

NJRC Member
not sure if interceptor would kill flatworms since they dont harm snails- they are ment to kill pods red bugs crustaceans. Anyways how big is your tank + sump?

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Salifert makes flat worm exit that is supposed to kill/stun flatworms specifically. Just be careful when you do this and have extra carbon on hand and water to do a water change because they do release toxins when they die and if you have enough flatworms in the system it can become a problem.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
2 yellow coris wrasses here. They were recommended to me by the owners of The Fish Tank when they opened. A bit skeptical, but I bought them anyway and they irradicated the problem in my 120 that was nearing plague proportion. Glad I didn't have to use chemicals.

Taz

I decided against the use of this after extensive reading this product is more for red bugs. The flat worms I have are the clear ones you see on the glass not the red acro eating ones. however I have lost all my acros over time and was blaming it on the worms.I took out some rock and increased flow. also raised the rock off sand bed.everything else is good. I'm giving the acros a try again soon.

Where are you located Dave? Anywhere near middletown?

I picked up some flatworm exit from Trop a few months ago and it's more than I need. I think I used 5 drops out of an entire container.. I underrated it and it still worked very well. I also did not run carbon as suggested by the mgr, but I did a 30%+ WC the next day or maybe it was 10 hours later..

I had no noticeable die off.