• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Trigger Systems deals

Salted

NJRC Member
TLDR ; Trigger systems sells their blems direct to consumer at a substantial discount.

Long version ; With a tank upgrade in my future I’ll need some equipment upgrades from my current 75g. One of which is a lager sump. I’d love, but have a hard time stomaching the cost of, a fancy acrylic one. Manufacturers sure are proud of their plastic boxes aren’t they? I decided a Trigger Systems sapphire 39 was the one for me. The tank upgrade won’t happen until we move, at the earliest, next spring. That gives me plenty of time to bargain hunt in the meantime. After seeing @jd120988 s open box deal I started looking around. I went to Triggers’ website and noticed they have a blems section. No pricing, no items listed, you have to email. So I did. I asked what the cost of a sapphire 39 or emerald 39 might be. Get this - they came back with $480 shipped, new with full factory warranty for the Sapphire 39 of my dreams. So I bought it. Yea me. I really want to pass this on to everyone, because Trigger otherwise doesn’t sell direct to the consumer. Only their blems, and as you can see the savings are substantial. I’ll post pics of it and whatever blemish is on it when it comes. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Salted

NJRC Member
So a big box showed up yesterday. Looks to be well packed. As big as it is it is relatively light. No problem lifting it out of the box and onto the table for inspection. Very nicely built. I still don’t understand the cost for a fairly simple plastic box, but if you anted up the money this quality is what you’d be expecting. Nice that it comes with two separate drain plates. It would be nicer still if it came with two filter plates, one for socks and one for cup/floss users. For those that haven’t seen @jd120988 s thread, the cutouts are oval, so you have to squeeze the sock ring and it pops into place. Nice idea, probably does a great job stopping leakage around the ring. But cups don’t seal. I have a Red Sea and an ice cap cup and both are a little smaller in diameter than the socks. So this leaves a gap on either side where water will just flow through. I’m done with socks and won’t be going back so this will have to be addressed. So onto what you’re all here to hear about - the blemish is minimal. I found a small scratch and line of small marks that I could just feel when running a finger nail over them. Both on the right side panel. Honestly unless I missed spotting something else, and I feel I looked it over pretty well, I’m thrilled with what I got as a blem item. Had I bought it as a full price grade A item I don’t know if I’d have been bothered by these marks. So get your credit cards out nj reefers, Christmas is coming.

Attachments

• 9EBB9D43-FDE3-46F3-AEDA-B9477A2818FD.jpeg
    9EBB9D43-FDE3-46F3-AEDA-B9477A2818FD.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 97077C97-C965-4D71-9635-D9823E89E349.jpeg
    97077C97-C965-4D71-9635-D9823E89E349.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • 0862167D-40D6-43DD-834B-543FAEB0D305.jpeg
    0862167D-40D6-43DD-834B-543FAEB0D305.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • C271ECA3-AE6B-4287-AA20-A944216CAC43.jpeg
    C271ECA3-AE6B-4287-AA20-A944216CAC43.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • CD5DA59E-D51E-4454-9BC6-CA323E271501.jpeg
    CD5DA59E-D51E-4454-9BC6-CA323E271501.jpeg
    633 KB · Views: 18
  • 7BF15106-CCE4-44A9-BD57-20B1436EB264.jpeg
    7BF15106-CCE4-44A9-BD57-20B1436EB264.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • 25D9B17F-7DCD-4C2D-907A-03656BBA7B62.jpeg
    25D9B17F-7DCD-4C2D-907A-03656BBA7B62.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 15
  • 7AAA3850-449D-4A01-BDC6-6174A418DAF3.jpeg
    7AAA3850-449D-4A01-BDC6-6174A418DAF3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • FEB291AA-5633-46BE-A4B4-C25A4B70DDF5.jpeg
    FEB291AA-5633-46BE-A4B4-C25A4B70DDF5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Man what a steal on this thing. And I thought I got a good deal lol. I'll keep u posted on what trigger Systems offers me for a custom plate. They had me take a few measurements for my cups so they can fab up a custom plate. I'm happy with the service as I could just cut a piece of acrylic with the cutouts myself and it'll do the job but honesty since they offered I figured it's worth looking into.

Salted

NJRC Member
Man what a steal on this thing. And I thought I got a good deal lol. I'll keep u posted on what trigger Systems offers me for a custom plate. They had me take a few measurements for my cups so they can fab up a custom plate. I'm happy with the service as I could just cut a piece of acrylic with the cutouts myself and it'll do the job but honesty since they offered I figured it's worth looking into.
Lmk what they quote you. What measurements did they want? I mean, really, they can use the same plate, all they really need to do is drill 3 round holes instead of oval. Anything much more than $20 and I'm making my own no one's ever going to see it.

They had offered me a plate with 2 cutouts originally for $20 + $5 shipping so I'm curious what a custom one will cost. I'm not sure how much more passed that amount I'm willing to spend myself considering it'll only take me like 5-10 minutes to make one myself lol.

Also for the measurements they asked just the basic info like cup diameter and rim diameter also asked what brand and if it's a flexible cup or not.

You are so lucky!!!. I got a blemished emerald. Honestly could not see what was wrong with it. The only problem i have with mine is that the overflow filters are in the back. You are really lucky that yours are left aligned..so much easier to access rather than reaching to the back of the stand and around the protein skimmer.

How did you guys contact Trigger and get a response from them? Did you email (and which email address)? I've had great customer service experiences with them a year ago. However, recently I can't get responses from them for some replacement parts I need.

How did you guys contact Trigger and get a response from them? Did you email (and which email address)? I've had great customer service experiences with them a year ago. However, recently I can't get responses from them for some replacement parts I need.
I just contacted them directly through their website.

You are so lucky!!!. I got a blemished emerald. Honestly could not see what was wrong with it. The only problem i have with mine is that the overflow filters are in the back. You are really lucky that yours are left aligned..so much easier to access rather than reaching to the back of the stand and around the protein skimmer.
This is the reason I went with the sapphire 39 myself. My current eshopps sump has the return pump, ato, trident sample line and dosing lines in the rear chamber of the sump which makes it difficult to access them for maintenance or anything really. The sapphire 39 has a perfect layout to access everything.

Salted

NJRC Member
There is a specific email address they want customers to contact for blems - blemished@triggersystems.com. I got my first reply in about 24hrs from David. Good communication over the next few emails and days. I was sent an invoice and was asked to email my name and address once I’d paid. I did that, and since the sump dark was so good I asked for a price on a blem 10g sapphire sump if/when one was available. That was on the 9th and still no response. I sent another, but separate email from the previous one and waiting to see.

TLDR ; Trigger systems sells their blems direct to consumer at a substantial discount.

Long version ; With a tank upgrade in my future I’ll need some equipment upgrades from my current 75g. One of which is a lager sump. I’d love, but have a hard time stomaching the cost of, a fancy acrylic one. Manufacturers sure are proud of their plastic boxes aren’t they? I decided a Trigger Systems sapphire 39 was the one for me. The tank upgrade won’t happen until we move, at the earliest, next spring. That gives me plenty of time to bargain hunt in the meantime. After seeing @jd120988 s open box deal I started looking around. I went to Triggers’ website and noticed they have a blems section. No pricing, no items listed, you have to email. So I did. I asked what the cost of a sapphire 39 or emerald 39 might be. Get this - they came back with $380, shipped, new with full factory warranty for the Sapphire 39 of my dreams. So I bought it. Yea me. I really want to pass this on to everyone, because Trigger otherwise doesn’t sell direct to the consumer. Only their blems, and as you can see the savings are substantial. I’ll post pics of it and whatever blemish is on it when it comes. Thanks for reading.
So what size tank are you going to? I’m thinking of getting the sapphire 39 sump for my 90 gallon

Salted

NJRC Member
I’ve been promised a 125 from a member here. But ultimately I think my son will end up with it and I’ll get a 180.

Salted

NJRC Member
Trigger got back to me yesterday so they did finally respond. 10g sapphire ato is $110 shipped. I've spent enough for now I'll wait until after the holidays and decide. Leaning towards no, it's just too much money for just a container.