• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tristian's 160GaL Peninsula Build

I see how many do you have? I'll have to try and make some time to drive down and get them If I don't order a set myself. I think we needed 4 to move the tank last time. Brando I will be using the ReefOctopus Media reactors to replace my next reef. The sole reason to have a group of matched reactors to make my plumbing more uniform.

Invested in KILZ

So one of the things I have got into the habit of doing was KILZing the entire inside of my tank with oilbased KILZ primer. Not only does it leave a nice bright white shine. But it is also incredibly easy to clean. The best part is that if your tank inside is caulked and the kilz put on thick enough its almost 100% Waterproof to spills. This is AWESOME for reefers that work inside their sump and are prone to spilling a little water here or there during maintenance. I also found the PERFECT undercabinet lighting.

10 BUX EACH At Wallymart!!

photo 2.JPG by Asonitez, on Flickr

This is with 2 Lights under the tank Stand

photo 4.JPG by Asonitez, on Flickr

View of 1 Light from the outside

photo 3.JPG by Asonitez, on Flickr

Spoke to GlassCages today. Not quite sure how ppl says their customer service sucks. They are pretty nice. I've talked to almost the entire team and they are pretty much on the ball. Dealing with a company first hand instead of hearing about them through the grape vine is very different.

The verdict is that

I will be credited my delivery charge back.
They will build my tank immediately using Starphire or If I opt for the monetary discount. (We will discuss this Tuesday)
My tank is schedule to arrive APRIL 20th. (Not Too Bad Given the Circumstances)
They are building my new tank with Zero Tolerance it WILL BE. 48" Long + 5.5" for the Overflow 30" Wide and 26" High.

I hope you were not priming with the kilz in your house. Those oil based fumes are not good for the lungs of babies/children let alone your own.

I was priming in the house. I manage this 2 ways.

1. I create a dexter kill room around a window. Floor to ceiling plastic and plastic on the floor.
2. I have a window unit exhausting air from my kill room.
3. I send mom and baby to my moms for the weekend hehe

looks great ,nice job so far on finish,im glad you like the stand as much as you do just waite till frag stand gets there 18fisher custom stand builder,i hope some time this week maybe friday im off from work yaaaaaaa, for them making the mistake you should see if they will bring to your house then you just got to get it up stairs??? its worth a try ?18fisher ray

Won't be at the meeting, will be coloring Easter eggs.

The tanks on a huge tractor trailer.
I don't think they would be able to maneuver it behind my building to unload. Picking up in a pickup truck is the best way. The new delivery window is April 20th. Until then ill be breaking down my old tank. As soon as the frag tank stand is primed and setup ill probably be setting it up to move some corals into it. Soon as the sump is ready ill probably slide it in and try to bring it online.

i will try to come today or tom ,so you can get to work lol ,let them stop in front of your place and take it from there? its on them now 18fisher ray

Sumps and venting

Yay so found out my sump is almost finished. Shoul be ready to go by Monday. Ill probably wait till Saturday to pickup it up. The goal is to try and do as much of the plumbing and reactoring as possible before the tank gets here. Lim going for a red and white theme. Do you guys think using red tubing for the reactors would cause more algae to grow in there? I also think that I should vent the stand a little. I'm not sure how moist things will get in there without venting it out a little bit.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If the tubing is opaque you will be fine. If it is semi-transparent you will get some growth in the tubing from your fuge light (assuming you have a fuge in your sump).

If the tubing is opaque you will be fine. If it is semi-transparent you will get some growth in the tubing from your fuge light (assuming you have a fuge in your sump).

The tubings that I have been looking at are Blue and Red. Considering Frosted white as well. The Goal is to identify all the manifold tubes by sight and the water return tubes in Blue. I'll also be painting the exterior PVC with Krylon Fusion black matte paint. Under the tank I'll just stencil and paint PVC with labels.

I decided NOT to go with DURSO overflows. I will be trying the maggie mufflers instead. I might end up continuing use of my Mag 18 pump until some funds free up to go with the WaterBlaster HY10000. The 10K Should power every reactor in my tank. Supposedly it only uses 88 watts or so! ! !!!! WooHOO

Ray's delivering my FragTank Stand as we speak. I'm not home to see it! BUMMER! #stuckatworkblowschunks.

So it looks like my new tank will be moving with me to a new 3 bedroom 2 bath lol. Umm I think things really do happen for a reason.

Lots of updates actually.

so I received my new sump from custom king. Spotter was right in going with him over a glasscages sump. It looks fantastic. Great acrylic work and extras. Even came with filter socks. I love the baffle setup and with that design no microbubbles can get into my display at all.

My coral addiction as not subsided. I picked up some chalices from the reptile show that made their way Into my frag tank. Soon I will be filling my 65 gallon holding tank plumbing it into the main tank and starting the process of moving my corals into it.

looks like it worked out good plenty of room for plumbing etc,hope you fell th same when you are ready give me a yell and we will come up with one hell of a canopy,nice looking tanks 18fisher