• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Trying Hard ...

OK I just finished cleaning my tank and guess what I found a tube of IC gel on the back and some razor blade ;D.. I thought my wife threw it out as I always have them on the top of my tank .. Guess I found it lol.. I snap some pics as well... Just in actinics with macro lens----Irfranview ( just sharpen) and resize.... No tripod just using a top down box iso is 800 ..

040.jpg

039-1.jpg

005.jpg

036.jpg

004.jpg

016-1.jpg

015-2.jpg

thanks for lookin ..

Steve, are you taking shots after you color corrected the camera to take in actinic? How'd you do it (and if not, are you using presets)?

concept3 said:
Steve, are you taking shots after you color corrected the camera to take in actinic? How'd you do it (and if not, are you using presets)?

Merv when I took the shots I was only running actinics on my tank. The only one I use color correct is the rainbow the rest are shot on ISO 800, Auto focus, .... nothing special lol

Actually, forgot to add, nice pics as always!

---what I meant was, there is an option in the camera itself to do a white balance correction using something white (like a white PVC pipe) you place in the tank while the actinics are on. It allows you to take pics better; I was wondering if you did or not, cuz the pics are phenomenal, I can't seem to get them 100% right with my actinics only. t5's right?
(maybe it's the VHO wavelength, which is what i have)...

Merv yes its the T5 :)... Dont even try the PVC thing I use AWB on the camera..

Here is some pics with no actinic supplementation ( Im experimenting again running 3 hrs T5 before MH, MH only for 10hrs and T5 on again for 3 hrs ) ...

Again just irfranview program to resize . ISO 400 AWB ..

048.jpg

042.jpg

052.jpg

054.jpg