• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

TSM Aquatics

I drove out to this place today...
all I can say is WOW! Really...
These guys are the gold standard, hands down.
I mentioned I was in the club and Alisha said something like she was a member once or checked it out before, sorry I was just in awe while I was there.
Let's get them as sponsers if possible cause WOW!

Facility is out of this world and the work they are doing is next level. This business model is the future and it's here now. Ethical treatment of animals using public aquarium model. This is the type of business we need to support period.

All fish 30 day minimum quarantine, treated for every possible disease with observation and further quarantine and treatment if necessary. Corals and inverts kept in fishless systems with a recommendation to keep in fishless system for 2 weeks after pick up.

20201006_121158.jpg
20201006_121948.jpg
20201006_122140.jpg
20201006_123908.jpg
20201006_123857.jpg

Attachments

• 20201006_123908.jpg
    20201006_123908.jpg
    1,011.6 KB · Views: 5

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
They've got a great rep. I know the club has had a trip or two out there many moons ago, and late last year there was talk of having a group run or club bus trip to them pre-CoVid, followed by a club meet. Unfortunately it, along with a lot of other things, has been roadside. Haven't been there myself but have heard nothing but positives.

They've got a great rep. I know the club has had a trip or two out there many moons ago, and late last year there was talk of having a group run or club bus trip to them pre-CoVid, followed by a club meet. Unfortunately it, along with a lot of other things, has been roadside. Haven't been there myself but have heard nothing but positives.
Let’s go,, road trip yaaaa

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Looks like a great place. I just looked up where they are located. I had no idea I had passed them every weekend for 4 years while my son was a Rowan U. My son would dorm and wanted to come home most weekends.

Jamie S

NJRC Member
I might go down and check them out. I don’t plan on setting up a quarantine tank so to have them do it for me would be great

Salted

NJRC Member
Looks like a cool place to check out but a two hour ride for me and their hours are pretty short. How do they operate being open noon - three, and closed sun/mon?

Looks like a cool place to check out but a two hour ride for me and their hours are pretty short. How do they operate being open noon - three, and closed sun/mon?
my guess is that they are doing most of their business online. they do not have a "showroom." you walk in and it looks like a business office except they have a few products for sale on the wall. mostly stuff like brs chemicals, brightwell, hanna checkers and a few oddball items for the tank. no tanks for sale or on display absent a custom 300g in the wall, also didn't ask if they could get them.

there are two glass doors that lead to the facility, it is very much a warehouse and you should be careful where you walk. they have cameras set up on all the tanks and there is a wall of monitors as well. in the warehouse they have a large quarantine area to the right, corals directly in front of you and fish out of quarantine to the left. species of fish and prices are marked on the tank. lots of angels, gem tangs etc.

I also saw fish in their tanks that weren't on the website so call or email if you are looking for something specific. I wanted particular fish but they were able to tell me via email those wouldn't be in until mid-november.

I ordered online before I went so my fish were waiting for me. also they have some fish as pre-order on their site. that means they have the fish in stock but it hasn't come out of quarantine yet. if you order the fish or just want to know, they can tell you when the fish will be out of quarantine.

I bought two fish and 5 turbo snails. everything looks so great, I am completely satisfied knowing that these fish are 100% healthy and were ethically treated.

right now I have everything in clean tanks (fish and snails separate) tanks and I'm running black mollies for 1 week to confirm no disease.

Attachments

• 20201007_105536.jpg
    20201007_105536.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • 20201007_015923.jpg
    20201007_015923.jpg
    687.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20201007-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20201007-WA0001.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 5
They get in some pretty exotics fish, they had a really nice looking broomtail wrasse not all that long ago!

TSM is as good as it gets. It’s about 10 minutes from where I grew up (and close to Aquarium Center - which is also very good IMO). Their quarantine protocols are unmatched

I run down there fairly regularly to check in on the folks - I can bring stuff back and do a meet up for anyone who can’t make the drive. I’ve got lots of time to kill in COVID-world.

Also, they have waaaay more in stock than what their website shows.

I should be down there this weekend.

Cheers!

DangerDave

NJRC Member
If you want a high end fish, they’re the place to go. Their rigorous quarantine can really raise the survival chances of the fish. if they don’t have what you want just ask, I bet they can get it.

radiata

NJRC Member
I must admit that I've yet to visit their facility. (And, I do indeed want to go.) But, I've found it odd that their facility is so large, and that their on-line fish offering seems oddly, proportionally smaller. Anyone else sensitive to this?

Also, has anyone seen their quarantine procedures posted anywhere?

I must admit that I've yet to visit their facility. (And, I do indeed want to go.) But, I've found it odd that their facility is so large, and that their on-line fish offering seems oddly, proportionally smaller. Anyone else sensitive to this?

Also, has anyone seen their quarantine procedures posted anywhere?
yeah i was very surprised that they had more fish than was offered online! also these guys were fully stocked when I was there, most tanks had fish and qt tanks were also all full. like really full. they even had pairs of red sea clows, one of my favorite fish! tons of copperband butterflies.. my next fish maybe? :)

as far as quarentine process, email them and ask. she spent a lot of time talking to me and explaining their protocol which is really comprehensive.