• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tunze 3155 question

I hooked up my ATO today and wanted to test out the pump to make sure everything was okay so I moved the sensor higher than normal to activate it and the pump turns out but I'm not getting any water. Let it run for a good 2mins and still no water coming out. Any idea why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
It could be: either something mechanical inside the pump is stuck or broke or maybe there's a back syphon.

is the reservoir located on the same level where the water entering is entering the tank?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
It could be: either some mechanical inside the pump is stuck or broke or maybe there's a back syphon.

is the reservoir located on the same level where the water entering is entering the tank?
Just saw your tank thread so I answered my own question. Is the return hose super long? With loops in it before it gets to the tank? Still could be a back syphon

The hose is maybe going 2ft at most. I may try and cut it back bc I do have some slack on it. I disconnected it for now since I had to leave for work so I'll mess with it later or tomorrow

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
BAck syphon caused by delivery hose below the water level in the tank.
Sometimes with the Tunze nano you also have to plug it in and uplug it a few times to 'Prime' it. I've had it happen on occasion.
Also, If your float switch ever goes, drop me a line, one of mine went on a tank and I just ordered a half dozen of them (cheaply), be happy to send you one if the need arises.

P.S. Just saw your other thread. My wife is gonna be so pissed off at you when I come home with one of these tanks...

BAck syphon caused by delivery hose below the water level in the tank.
Sometimes with the Tunze nano you also have to plug it in and uplug it a few times to 'Prime' it. I've had it happen on occasion.
Also, If your float switch ever goes, drop me a line, one of mine went on a tank and I just ordered a half dozen of them (cheaply), be happy to send you one if the need arises.

P.S. Just saw your other thread. My wife is gonna be so pissed off at you when I come home with one of these tanks...

Well the delivery hose is definitely above everything so it can't be that. Unless you mean from where the pump is cause then it's below everything but where it would pump into the tank is above everything.

Hahaha these tanks are awesome man... can't wait to finally get it going with fish and coral!

the only time my pump doesn't work is when i first start it up (that is, brand new RO water being added to empty tub). There will be airbubbles in the pump that prevent water from being pushed. Shaking the pump allows the bubbles to come out and the water pumps immediately. Failing that then there is either a sensor issue or a pump problem. Pump is $15 so easily replaced - sensor issue will require sending the 3155 to roger in austin TX where the tunze maintenance facility is. I've been there and sent stuff there - and the fix is done well or he will say you need to buy a new one for whatever price.