• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tunze/Neptune ATO questions

Hey guys! I'm in the process of choosing an ATO. My question is, which of the 2 brands have the longest leads from the control box to the sensors in the sump. I have my sump under the tank in the standard spot, but have my control panel about 10ft. from the sump. Then I have my storage containers about another 6ft. from the control panel. I have sniffed around on BRS but they don't tell you what each brand comes with as far as length of cords or if there are any extensions you can buy. I'm pretty good at DIY, but not sure if the wires can be exteneded using regular box store stuff. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx guys!!
Heres a pic of the tank and sump. You can see I have my control panel mounted directly above my sink. to the left of the sink is where my storage containers are.
dPsp1bl.jpg

7n5wTRm.jpg

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I have both and I can tell you the Neptune was nothing but problems. I had the original ATK and it had problems all the time.

I have a tunze and I have done nothing.
Set it and forget it.

The atk was so bad apex had to make the ATK 2 that fixed a lot of the original problems.

Ato is too important not to get the best possible so my vote is for tunze

The hoses don’t matter they both use air line hose so you can get it as long as you want

The tunze is a stand alone so you install the control panel where your water is and run a waterline to your tank

Last edited:
Thanx I was leaning towards the Tunze. I just need to know how long the sensor wires are that run from the sensors in the sump to the control panel.