• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

tunze puck?

I been away for a while because of the move to the new house. The tanks are set up for a week or so but now I came home tonight to find my blennys new hang out was in one of my tunze, which told me it wasnt turning on. I run the 6100's with the big puck and one was burning hot.. I disconected it and took that 6100 out of the tank to clean it. After it ws cleaned I plugged it back in and it still doesnt work and the puck is burning hot. Needless to say I believe I need a new puck... any ideas ??? or does anyone have a puck to sell me please?? :'(

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Congrats on the new house.
I don't have an extra transformer, but you can borrow mine for a few days to check and make sure it's your transformer and not the pump hanging up.

Hey Mike!! Thanks for the offer, We can always count on you to offer nice things!! I am gonna swap my transformers now to see.

ok.. I plugged the pump and driver into my other puck and nothing... I tried it with the 7095 and without and nothing! Then I switched just the pucks and the other pump in the tank works fine. Soooooooooo once again mike..... you were correct. I need a new pump and driver. The pump and driver wont even light up the 7095 :'( Thanks for the good luck you wished me on the house its finally livable but far from finished.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Have you tried contacting Tunze? I had two of my transformers blow out and it burned out the pumps as well. I sent it to them, one of the pumps was under warranty (which they figured out) and one wasn't. They fixed them all up, and had them back to me in about a week...and the price was pretty reasonable as well.

You can go to the Tunze forums on RC and post...Roger should take of it.

I second that one.. Roger has taken care of me over the years....Excellent customer service. Good luck with the pump and the house.

When ever mine seeze up I swap transformers to test. If that doesn't do it, I then soak the PH in a light solution of muriatic acid. So far that always brings'em back. Sometimes, vinigar is not enough to get the bearings free of Ca build up on the Tunzes. BTW all my Tunzes were bought used & are all still running after two plus years with me. They are awesome!