• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Two Little Fishes reactor as Zeovit reactor?

Been toying with trying the Zeovit system for a while. Saw out there that the Two Little Fishes Phosban reactor could be used as a Zeovit reactor.

Since my tank is only 39G, I think that this would be ideal as it's a hang-on reactor and will hold enough Zeovit media for the tank as well.

Has anyone out there tried this way yet?

not me - but can you elaborate on the media that would be in the reactor? I'll be honest I have a hard time reading threads on zeo since they sometimes degrade into flaming wars about who's right and wrong and what not. So I'm hoping you could educate the ignorant here. :)

phil519 said:
not me - but can you elaborate on the media that would be in the reactor? I'll be honest I have a hard time reading threads on zeo since they sometimes degrade into flaming wars about who's right and wrong and what not. So I'm hoping you could educate the ignorant here. :)

I really have no idea myself since it'd be my first foray into it.

I was just going to buy whatever came in the starter kits minus the Zeovit reactor and just use a TLF's Phosban reactor for it.

It still confuses the hell out of me.

I really have no idea myself since it'd be my first foray into it.

I was just going to buy whatever came in the starter kits minus the Zeovit reactor and just use a TLF's Phosban reactor for it.

It still confuses the hell out of me.
[/quote]

That is why I would like to learn more about "Vodka Dosing". To confusing and to many chemicals with Zeo.

John ive used Zeo since it was first introduced. I would not use the reactor since you have to shake the rocks in order for them to work. If you want I have a reactor im not using anymore I could sell you for cheap. The prices of the reactors are expensive unfortunatly. If you have any questions about zeo just PM me im here to help :)

nyfireman3097 said:
John ive used Zeo since it was first introduced. I would not use the reactor since you have to shake the rocks in order for them to work. If you want I have a reactor im not using anymore I could sell you for cheap. The prices of the reactors are expensive unfortunatly. If you have any questions about zeo just PM me im here to help :)

The problem is that I have to have a HOTB reactor. I don't have a below tank sump and I can't drill it since it's an all in one (CADlights tank).

I have read of a few people using the TLF reactors simply because you can turn it off and open it to stir/shake the rocks. You have to do that a few times a week, correct?

I will certainly take your reactor, though, if it's a HOTB reactor.

I understsand totally. Whenit comes to stiring the rocks its a few times a day not a week. Mine is meant for a internal use in a sump :( I am not using it in the new tank since I just wont have the time for a while to keep up with it. And when I do go back i will be using a external one

In the first few days you will notice a diffrence in the water clarity. You will notice a diffrence in a months. But it takes time like everything in thishobby lol. Zeovit is a system that works diffrent for everyone. You need to take your time and djust your dosages to your tanks needs. There is no real way too get your perfect dosages besdies tweaking it to your systems needs slowly. When you get those dosages your tank needs it work great but it takes time. For instance, say you start AA. You dose 2 drops a day and notice a sign of "OD" then you stop for 2 days and start again at 1 drop a day and so on and so on. This is one method of many for our tanks. And it is meant for the patient and serious hobbiest.

nyfireman3097 said:
In the first few days you will notice a diffrence in the water clarity. You will notice a diffrence in a months. But it takes time like everything in thishobby lol. Zeovit is a system that works diffrent for everyone. You need to take your time and djust your dosages to your tanks needs. There is no real way too get your perfect dosages besdies tweaking it to your systems needs slowly. When you get those dosages your tank needs it work great but it takes time. For instance, say you start AA. You dose 2 drops a day and notice a sign of "OD" then you stop for 2 days and start again at 1 drop a day and so on and so on. This is one method of many for our tanks. And it is meant for the patient and serious hobbiest.

Makes sense. I've been reading up on it for a long time now and I think I'm ready to take the plunge. Pretty sure I'll have to use the TLF reactor until I upgrade in the future -- again -- to a larger tank.

I used Zeo for a short while. You can use the PO4 reactor provided you can fit the proper amount of Zeolite stones in it. The only drawback is that you have to "pump" the reactor to release the "mulm" into your system to feed the corals. In the case of the reactor, you can't pump it because it's all closed up. You would have to physically shake it. So if you do use the PO4 reactor, just make sure you leave enough tubing to be able to shake it.