• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

uggghh... there is always something

So I noticed my clownfish acting a little strange and now not eating although she goes for the food. I did a water change yesterday and pulled some rubble stones and small shells out. I have some macro that I want to sell that I am moving to holding tank while I can medicate my tank.
20210806_151647.jpg
It's 3 year old 20 gallon AIO, FOWLR with macro (no coral) so my belief is if one fish is sick, should medicate them all.
Two clowns, clown goby, firefish, rainford goby, four sexy shrimp (although I didn't see the forth one lately) nassarius, cerith and astrea snails.
Regular water changes and even took out the protein skimmer because of nano bubbles.
20210515_122023.jpg
Now the ugghh... I noticed something in my tank
20210222_134343(1).jpg
yep was told it was a rock anamone, cool but now know it's majano. Must have come in on those beautiful mushrooms I had gotten that I couldn't keep because my clowns tried to host them and then got sick. Not the mushrooms, the clowns...lost the male.
20201005_161956.jpg
Come to think of it, she is acting the same as when she tired to host the mushrooms although no white slime... Would these things sting the clown? They are very small. What about my Tonga nassarius both died couple weeks from each other. I thought it might be age since I had them for three years but now I'm wondering.
Anyway, I digress, when I pulled out those few rubble rocks, there were a bunch of them under the rock so the idea of hitting them individually went out the door. I think I am going to have to pull the tank apart...:nightmare:
Thanks for letting me rant. Husband never wanted a fish tank in the first place so can't talk to him about it.
And just wanted to share the pictures because I haven't in a long while.

I don't think mushrooms are likely to sting the clowns. White slime sounds like Brooklynella maybe? Though maybe it's something with parameters if you're also losing snails and possibly a shrimp.

What are you thinking of medicating with? Many of the meds wouldn't necessarily be safe for inverts though so you might want to pull the fish rather than treating the tank.

The mushrooms were from August, a year ago. The Clown Goby got the white slime first after laying on them a few times so I moved them. She healed after treatment.
20200803_140331.jpg
In October I got a male clownfish for my female. Once he joined the group, they started trying to host in the mushrooms. They got the white slime only after being in the mushrooms. People I talked to back then said the slime was possible from the mushrooms. Once the mushrooms were removed and tank treated with Api EM and Permifix it didn't happen again.
I keep EM in the house now because I think I wouldn't have lost the male if I was able to start as soon as I saw him hiding.

This tank is FOWLR... fish only with live rock. I said no corals but guess I should have said no inverts, only macro. Treating with Api EM.

I was asking if majano could sting them possibly causing harm. Found this on another site so guess this answers that..."They use venomous cells, nematocysts found in their tentacles, to sting corals and fish."
The majano had to have come in with the mushrooms